Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard on the radio today that we only have five days to live. Some wacko predicted May 21st 2011 is the end of the world.

Let's just it's true. What are you doing the next five days?

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,616 Posts
hmmmm.... i can get quite a few miles in before time comes screeching to a halt.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,569 Posts
The preacher at the centre of the prophecy, an evangelical broadcaster for Family Radio Worldwide, Harold Camping also predicted the world would end 17 years ago, but this time it has been causing genuine concern.

The 89-year-old predicts that other than a series of killer earthquakes that same day, the big news will be "the Rapture," a supernatural event featuring "the mother of all heavenly jet streams catapulting Christians by the millions into the stratosphere to meet Jesus".

I can't wait to hear what this guys excuse will be when it doesn't happen. [eyeroll]

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The preacher at the centre of the prophecy, an evangelical broadcaster for Family Radio Worldwide, Harold Camping also predicted the world would end 17 years ago, but this time it has been causing genuine concern.

The 89-year-old predicts that other than a series of killer earthquakes that same day, the big news will be "the Rapture," a supernatural event featuring "the mother of all heavenly jet streams catapulting Christians by the millions into the stratosphere to meet Jesus".

I can't wait to hear what this guys excuse will be when it doesn't happen. [eyeroll]
Seriously... I mean I think we'll notice that come Sunday the earth is still in one piece. How do you brush that one off?

As for me, I'm not a 100% sure. In a case where a meteor were going to hit the earth and there was nothing you could do to prepare, it was just a matter of enjoying yourself for 5 days... I would probably make my way to Hatcher Pass Alaska and spend my last days in the most beautiful place I've ever been to.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Seriously... I mean I think we'll notice that come Sunday the earth is still in one piece. How do you brush that one off?

As for me, I'm not a 100% sure. In a case where a meteor were going to hit the earth and there was nothing you could do to prepare, it was just a matter of enjoying yourself for 5 days... I would probably make my way to Hatcher Pass Alaska and spend my last days in the most beautiful place I've ever been to.
+1 for Hatcher Pass. Summit Lake is the sweet spot!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
+1 for Hatcher Pass. Summit Lake is the sweet spot!

Been there many times :)

Actually got married in the arboretum at the Anchorage Zoo. My wife's mothers family migrated to AK in the 1890's for the gold rush and have been in the Anchorage area since. If we could find meaningful employment there we'd be packing our bags.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Been there many times :)

Actually got married in the arboretum at the Anchorage Zoo. My wife's mothers family migrated to AK in the 1890's for the gold rush and have been in the Anchorage area since. If we could find meaningful employment there we'd be packing our bags.
I've only been there once, in the summer of 2007, with my two oldest sons and a small group of boy scouts. We stayed at the Rasmusson Scout Reservation (Camp Gorsuch the first week, and Camp Carlquist the second week) in Chugiak.

One of my scouts dislocated his knee, so I got to visit the Mat-Su Hospital ER.

We got skunked fishing on the Kenai, but caught a king at Eklutna Tailrace.

Did a bunch of other things for the two weeks we were there.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,569 Posts
You are about to be a lonely man, what having an entire state to yourself.
My gawd! Think of all the bacon all those christians will leave behind!

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
I'm working Saturday, if this really goes down I don't know if I'm going to be grateful or pissed I still have to work.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm working Saturday, if this really goes down I don't know if I'm going to be grateful or pissed I still have to work.
Supposedly the hereafter is eternal, so I'm in no rush to get there. There's many things in this world I'd still like to see, so maybe I'll take the next bus.

·
GiddyUp
337 Posts
Oh, that's another guy I'd like to punch (Harold Camping). Since Nigal seems to be a doubting thomas I think I'll take the guy seriously and head on over to my local grocery and purchase every last Oreo they have on the shelf. Then head over to the cold aisle and get a cart full of milk. I can't be certain of there being any Oreos in heaven so I'm going to fill up while they are still around.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Oh, that's another guy I'd like to punch (Harold Camping). Since Nigal seems to be a doubting thomas I think I'll take the guy seriously and head on over to my local grocery and purchase every last Oreo they have on the shelf. Then head over to the cold aisle and get a cart full of milk. I can't be certain of there being any Oreos in heaven so I'm going to fill up while they are still around.
I just bought a case of Moon Pies for that exact reason.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,569 Posts
Since Nigal seems to be a doubting thomas I think I'll take the guy seriously and head on over to my local grocery and purchase every last Oreo they have on the shelf.
When I can stick my fingers in the holes in his head I'll believe him...

·
"Cogito ergo sum"
7 Posts
Charge it !

Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie here. I live up in central Maine.
I guess I'm off to the bike shop and charge the best bike they have in stock....I better make sure they have a good return policy in case ole' Harold is mistaken...or my wife WILL end my world. :)

Take care

1 - 20 of 57 Posts