Down hill racing

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking' started by IanHighfield, Dec 16, 2009.

1. IanHighfield

IanHighfield New Member

Who here races MTBs down hill? I've never done this, but love to watch this event on the boob and in person. It reminds me of giant slalom in skiing. Riders always on the edge of disaster.

2. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

I think that is something I could get into watching. I don't think we have a hill here in South Jersey. But the swamp is realy full with all the rain we had this year, it was running over the roads in some places last week.

3. Xterrain

Xterrain New Member

Keep following your local countrymen. Steve Peat being one of them and a World Champ! He had that coming a long time ago and I'm so stoked he finally got what he deserved in Australia!

Anyhow, I don't 'race' per-say in sanctioned events, but I do ride DH recreationally in Colorado, New Mexico, and New York. However, I live in Texas and so I tend to focus on FR on trails my friends and I have built using ideas from Vancouver's North Shore style of ladder bridges and natural drops. Its a blast and I highly recommend it!

4. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

Never raced downhill. I prefer to torture myself racing xc. Now riding downhill is a freakin' blast! It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on. Seriously, try it sometime.

5. Mootsguy

Mootsguy A Red Headed Stepchild

Peetie, earned it and deserves it but he was not the best downhiller ever. That title belongs to Nicolas Vouilloz. Buttery smooth and insanely competitive.