Down to earth with a bump...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by coco2, Dec 12, 2009.

1. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

fell off twice today...only managed to do twenty four miles and called it quits before i caused any serious damage to myself and bike.

OOOHH I HATE ICY ROADS :hate: :hate: :hate:

I'ts minus 8 degrees here in Glenlivet, i would love to stay somewhere warm, what's the weather like with you peeps on the other side of the pond.

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

We're in for a hot one ;)

# Today: Snow this morning will transition to snow showers this afternoon. High 33F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 70%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.
    # Tonight: Cloudy with snow showers becoming a steady accumulating snow later on. Low 29F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 70%. 1 to 2 inches of snow expected.

3. chh55

chh55 Drink plenty of water!!!

4. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

The day had all the signs of being good, bright sunshine no wind just bleeding freezing...so wraps up well and off i go............fourteen miles then bump, fiteen miles bump.

I'm feeling really sorry for myself ... and thats the reason for the bottles of beer thats not going to see tomorrow...:D

5. Nigal

Nigal YAY BAIKS! Tavern Member

It was 38F and sunny here in Ohio. I did a wonderful short 12 mile ride. Even though it was a great ride I too shall take it out on a bottle of tequila.

Ya know, just to warm up the bones.

6. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

They gave their lives for a noble cause.

7. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

Hic.........goes away singing "i've hit that road lonesome blues" ....Hic :)

8. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

I'd give just about anything to be ABLE to ride right now, even though the temps & conditions don't lean themselves to a good ride.

Last Wed, 12-9, I was commuting in, hit some ice on the road, bike went sideways, my foot went down to catch my fall, and my L ankle went out on me. Didn't bend or fold over, no broken bones, but a horrible sprain. Yesterday was the first day since it happened that I was able to get out of the house.

Can't wear but one pair of shoes, the one w/ no laces (rigged for easy in/out for mailbox trips, o-o-old! shoes). MTB shoe won't go on the L foot.

9. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

It's 52 degrees and gorgeous here. Can't ride until at least tomorrow, though, when, hopefully, my stitches come out. Smoking a pork shoulder in the Big Green Egg instead.

10. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

OK whats a big green egg ???

11. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

Ouch...bad luck CTD, it sounds painful.

As a matter of interest, where you clipped onto your pedals at the time of the accident.

12. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

I rode all morning long. 72 degrees with the sun and breeze. Beautiful day though it's been terrible the past couple of weeks.

13. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

Yes, but ATACs disengage easily; I've never accidentally unclipped, or been stuck in them during a fall/crash/unexpected dismount.

The torsion of trying to stop the sliding bike and stay upright (failed w/ the 1st, succeeded w/ the 2nd) caused the injury.

Feeling a lot better now; can actually put those shoes back on now! I'm just 'pokey-slow' walking. Multiple soaks in epsom salts....