Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out yesterday was behind a group of cyclist when one of the guys in the back went to take a drink, I think he got choked because the water bottle went flying, he was hacking and swerving so bad i dont know how he kept it right side up . All his friends laughed as did I. So for those of you out there that cant chew gum and walk be carefull if you try to drink and riding:D.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I always stop if I need to take a drink. Heck, when driving a vehicle, I can barely answer my phone without almost wrecking, lol. A bicycle is even worse :p

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I overheard a bike shop employee explaining to a customer how to drink from a water bottle without choking. His tip was to fill your mouth with water before swallowing. When your mouth is full, you can begin swallowing with your mouth open, and you can keep adding water while you're swallowing as long as you keep the reservoir (your mouth) full. It works!

Lately, I've been sipping smaller amounts with greater frequently which requires less skill. Put water in mouth, close mouth, swallow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts