Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to have to replace my cassette, chain and at least big chainring SOON. I'm probably going to LBS for cassette and chain. I'm going to drop from Dura Ace to Ultegra because the Dura Ace didn't really last do to my neglecting to change that $50 chain. Probably use cheap chain and remember to change it every 2000 miles. My question is I see Dura ace (it's a 9 speed) chainrings on ebay. There are an "A" and a "B" they both have 130mm spacing. Either should work on my bike shouldn't it? $145 for both chain rings new. Bike shop is double that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Can't help you with part compatibility but I have found Amazon to be a good source for parts if you know what you need especially for commodity items such as chains.

If you unsure of part I would recommend the LBS even if the price is higher.

Simon

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I think some Dura ace chains have to be put on with a certoin side facing the chain rings, are the chain rings different I don't know, but I would think so. By the way I use www.bikeparts.com for parts, good prices

My¢¢

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Good deals on line, but no real service if parts aren't what you really needed.
I began using a LBS and they bend over backward to help, when I have questions or need help with fit.
Like old saying.
You get what you pay for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts