Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As soon as we can dump our car, I'm hoping to add an pedal assit cargo bike to our fleet. I have a Mundo (yubaride.com) and love it. They're coming out with a new cruiser-type bike that has an electric assist model--the Boda Boda. I've heard good things about the Bionix system and I really like the idea of pedal assist as opposed to just a throttle and no pedaling necessary.

I love the longtail and box bikes as I've got two little guys I need to truck around.

I'd love some tips/suggestions on the subject.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I love the Christiana but the trike model throws me off a bit (and the price...). I was looking at a Nahola today but hear that it's really difficult to add motor to it. Maybe a Bakfiets? Any experience with different kits? I'm only a little familiar with Bionx.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I used the Ecoride kit, I had to modify the sensor mount as my trike has a bigger crankcase then usual otherwise it was just a question of extending some of the cables, it works wonderful

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Mundo e-assist is a front wheel drive. I like Yuba's newest Boda Boda model with the BionX better. NY is a bit far for me, I'm across the country. From what I've seen, I really like the BionX the best so far. I don't know if I want to put it on one of our existing bikes or get a whole new set up...

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
I'm just throwing this out there for readers that clicked on the thread but may not be looking for what you are looking for. Our newest sponsor, Ridekick, has a handy little trailer that's like a small trunk for cargo, plus it offers a boost via battery and electric motor.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,301 Posts
I'm just throwing this out there for readers that clicked on the thread but may not be looking for what you are looking for. Our newest sponsor, Ridekick, has a handy little trailer that's like a small trunk for cargo, plus it offers a boost via battery and electric motor.
I'm not really into e-biking, but I've seen the Ridekick in an LBS or two and totally love the idea. It seems like a great way to try e-biking without adding batteries, motors, etc. to your existing bike. I'd be interested in having one in order to show less-fit guests the joys of cycling first-hand. Could be a good way for the out-of-shape to be a part of longer rides without killing themselves and losing interest.

Thanks for the sponsorship, Ridekick!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts