E-bike transformation

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Meagann, Apr 16, 2018 at 9:37 AM.

1. Meagann

Meagann New Member

I need some review for Aosom B4-0076 kit as I'm going to upgrade my common one for an e-bike. I guess I've chosen exactly this model just for one decent reason. simply because it's supposed that front wheel isnt ok for carbon forks the go well only for rigid alloy forks. Is that right? I'll probably get this kit soon stop if that's a waste of money

Cheers

2. cwtch

cwtch Well-Known Member

3. Meagann

Meagann New Member

Does it fit my Gran Fondo bike?o_O

4. cwtch

cwtch Well-Known Member

They build them to fit any bike. You just select wheel size, hub spacing, brake type and tire size you run. They ship the wheel, you put it on your bike. Sync your phone to the e-hub using their app and away you ride with electric assist and no wires or batteries mounted to your frame.

newleaf150 and rushlake like this.
  5. rushlake

rushlake Member Tavern Member

IMG_0034.jpg
    This looks like it’s for a 26” wheel based on the model number you posted for the kit. If your bike s a Fuji Gran Fondo 2.1 it comes with 700x28. Unless I am not understanding correctly.
    Also cwtch’s product looks easier to install.
    I might be worried a little bit about quality as well for $200 to get the kit and rear wheel.

6. Meagann

Meagann New Member

I should admit it was quite a random choice, so you are right totally. what else would you advise?

7. rushlake

rushlake Member Tavern Member

I have no ebike experience, but others on here have built up their own.
    Maybe more info on your rides or why you may want an assist in your bike would help with a product selection, I.e. do you love the Gran Fondo and just need an assist once in a while, Or would you be open to getting a new bike for rides where you need an assist, maybe not a road bike.
    Are you a road rider or commuter? Both?
    Not to come off as an ass so don’t be offended, because once in while we all could use an assist, But are you new to cycling and you just need to get a little bit better shape and you won’t need an assist. Did you have something happen where you’re not as strong a rider as you used to be, an injury or illness. ☹️Or are you just trying to keep up with your friends that you cycle with. Because if their dropping you on every ride they’re not your friends and I would find others to ride with.
    Just trying to come up with an idea of how much of an investment you’re willing to make.