Edge Recumbents New Company

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by itself, Apr 21, 2010.

1. itself

itself New Member

Home

Crazy as it sounds, the LWB bent is the best choice for trail benting. I am sooo tired of having an aching back and neck from my DF Trek Mtn bike. So, I have spoken with the owner, Bill, of Edge, and he is bring back the Burley Spyder, under another name. I will set it up with dual 26" wheels. They have a guy their, Doc, who is the "mtn bike expert." They have already done some single track testing on the Haiku. Only problem they have run into is "wheel flopping" with the front 26" wheel, which is a common complaint. They think a 20" will handle better, but you do lose some ability with it.

Lisa

2. Kettgreen

Kettgreen New Member

Burley Koosah

We have a Burley Koosah for sale in our shop here in Floral City, FL. It is the EDGE built version and is selling for 1450. This is the ASS LWB bike. 352-419-4809

3. itself

itself New Member

ASS? ugg, all these acronyms drive me nuts! Hey, post a picture of the Koosah!!!

Lisa

4. TravisP

TravisP The Ted Turner of 'bents

5. Biker

Biker New Member

It seems to me that bents would be just as bad on your back on a trail as any other bike. Am I wrong?

6. Engyo

Engyo Bent Newbie - old rider

Not so much the back, as that it is difficult on most 'bents to get out of the seat while moving. This make a bent almost usless for technical downhills. For trail-riding, etc, they work pretty well, if set up properly, from what I can see.

Check out BROL and look up Richard Erlich; he seems to be the most prolific 'bent off-roader.

7. itself

itself New Member

Yes, its important that we define trail riding. I am talking about packed dirt, easy single track. NOT moab or technical stuff!

The Burley Spyder apparently did really well on this type of trail riding. Richard is an amazing rider, he hangs even with the best riders. But he has the rig to do it and the skill.

Lisa

8. TravisP

9. itself

itself New Member

I have to give it to that guy riding a SWB on a trail! Not an easy task with a high BB. I have learned a lot from Richard on bentrideronline, as he really has it figured out with the configuration on his LWB trail Bent.

Lisa :)

10. itself

itself New Member

TravisP,

I am wondering what you think of the handlebars on the Koosah. Do you like them, or do you think, that the B-39 would give a less "tillerish" feel?

I never liked the tiller feel on my Rans Rocket. I think the B-39 would be a far better choice.

Lisa

11. TravisP

The handlebars never really bothered me, but that could be because I spent so much time being bothered by the seat. The prototype Edge Koosahs used a slightly new seat frame that leaves you feeling like you're constantly falling off.

Their new sales guy says that has been addressed for the new revision coming up, but I haven't tried any of the 2010 designs yet.

12. itself

itself New Member

I have been speaking with Bill via email, and yes, they are going a new sling seat ob their bikes. What is nice about this is it lowers the seat height to 22 inches.

Lisa