Edwade has until noon to raise $595 so he can ride a bike like every other kid!

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by BuddyBike, Mar 21, 2018.

1. BuddyBike

BuddyBike Member

PLEASE donate to Edwade's Buddy Bike fundraiser in The Great Bike Giveaway! Edwade has special needs which prevent him from being able to ride his own bike with his siblings.

DONATE at https://www.greatbikegiveaway.com/Member/MyPage/1794145/etta-gant

Edwade has joined The Great Bike Giveaway by Friendship Circle and has until NOON today to hit the fundraising goal! A generous donor has applied fund matching so he only needs $595. Your donation will be doubled! If they can get closer to the goal, I will make sure they get the Buddy Bike that they need so Edwade can ride bicycles safely with his family - no more being left behind!

I am calling on this group and the cycling community to give a hand because you know how special your bicycles are and the sense of freedom that it offers you. That is even more important to a child with special needs!

The Great Bike Giveaway by The Friendship Circle is an annual event that provides families an opportunity to obtain a Buddy Bike or other adaptive bicycle for their loved one with special needs. www.greatbikegiveaway.org

Ad GBG.jpg

The Buddy Bike® is the alternative inline tandem bicycle (bicycle for two) that places the stoker (smaller rider) in the front seat while the rear rider controls the steering. The features of the Buddy Bike offer adaptive outdoor recreation and therapeutic activity to riders with cognitive or physical disabilities who may not be able to ride a bicycle safely on their own or who do not have the strength to pedal a bike alone. The Buddy Bike allows riders with autism, down syndrome, sight impairment or other disabilities to experience the thrill of riding a bicycle with the whole family. They are no longer left behind! www.buddybike.com

Ad GBG.jpg

If you have donated already, THANK YOU! I know the kids of The Great Bike Giveaway thank you from the bottom of their little hearts.

Shelley at Buddy Bike

Attached Files:

rushlake likes this.
  2. i12ride

i12ride Spin Spin Spin Tavern Member

Do y'all have an option for footpegs that attach to the downtube for the stroker to use as footrest if not actively pedaling? Just something that crossed my mind looking at pic with the one kid holding their feet up off the pedals...........I wouldn't ask if I wasn't donating :)

3. BuddyBike

BuddyBike Member

Yep. We have optional fold-out foot pegs but they didn't order them. https://squareup.com/store/BuddyBike/item/buddy-bike-fold-out-foot-pegs-fp-a We also have another size since many people buy them for other tandem bicycles as well. So far I see the fundraising page is still open. They have more time. If they can get closer to the goal, I will make sure they get a Buddy Bike! I have already shipped the other 3 Buddy Bikes to the kids who met their fundraising goals. I know they are super excited. Thank you!!

4. i12ride

i12ride Spin Spin Spin Tavern Member