Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's Fridaaaaaaaaay!

What are your plans for the weekend?

For me, probably going to the zoo (the one with animals in cages, not my in-laws. Although I feel like an animal kept in a cage when I am at my in-laws). This past week my daughter's "theme" for her curriculum was learning about zoo animals.

How about you?

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
With good weather I will be sitting in the Delaware bay tomorrow fishing.

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
On call stuck to a Nextel and phone..Moma is in Boston and I have whole house to myself.... and still STUCK ON CALL, would anybody like to cover me so I can at least go out and ride MTB Sunday????

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Today's my wedding anniversary so no riding today, but hope to spend as much time as possible in the saddle this weekend. This past week has been miserable from a riding standpoint. I've worked late every evening and haven't thrown a leg over a bike since Sunday.... I'm going crazy!!!!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Rola- What does your ETA have to be to be wherever you need to be? Not even a short ride?

Poolie-Congrats! How many years?
12 official ones. 14 total. She makes me crazy about half the time, but can't imagine life without her :)

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
Rola- What does your ETA have to be to be wherever you need to be? Not even a short ride?

Poolie-Congrats! How many years?
I have 53 minutes from the time an outage is declared to T.T.R.(time to repair). Having said that I cover an area from Yorktown, Va. 20 minute drive to Bottoms Bridge, New Kent ( Henrico Coutny - think Richmond ) which is a 1.25 hr drive JUST to get there... I (we ) have been setup to fail and meet IMPOSSIBLE standards. So no, not even a short ride as I have a 15 minute response time before a Manager or Director is notified of my ( our ) non-respoinse.

We basically live in our trucks for the week you are on call. I can't even begin to express how much I hate it! People used to take on call as it can be pretty decent money but now you can't even pay people to take it becuase of the impossible standars to meet which is a big part of our performance report and how much if any raises we get.

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
Saturday morning = Commissary run then load up furniture in my truck (for that awesome Beverly Hillbillies look :D) and carry it up to NoVa for my daughter. Sunday if the weather holds will be spent on the water!

·
Most Unusual
149 Posts
My weekend started last night. Did a small ride this morning - have a soup stock started on the stove and when that's done I'm heading out shopping my little fun and eclectic stores down the street. Sat-Sun will be spent at Mom's - she's making a ham, I'm doing a nice risotto and a baked cauliflower casserole - oh and putting together this THOUSAND piece grill. Didn't realize it that it was previously opened and returned .... D-Bag took all the screws and stuff out of the SPECIALLY marked packages so I have a big pile of all sizes of screws and nuts and other things and a fugly set of mysterious directions in 5 languages. I made a stab at it a few weeks ago, and then stuffed it all back in the box. Yay for weekends!

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
My grill is six feet from my front door. When the back patio is finished, there will be one six feet from the back door.

Gotta have it handy to roll out when we do the neighborhood thing...

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Back on the knobby horse for the first time in two weeks, then hopefully some ice cream with my roomies!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts