Evaluate and comment

Discussion in 'Training / Health' started by Hazy, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Hazy

Hazy Well-Known Member

Here is my 20 mile ride that I am using for now to get my legs for bigger and better things. Please evaluate and comment on the readings I have so I can use it to better myself.

20 Miler by matts305 at Garmin Connect - Details

As of right now, I am concentrating on cadence and my perceived effort as well as my speed.

Goals for the year are to do AT LEAST a 50 miler possible a century, and climb a local hill that last year took me 3 phases.

Thanks guys/gals

2. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

Looks like you are on the right track to me. Just ride sally ride! I think I would just ride what feels comfortable for a while in the cadence department. Don't try and mash the big gears and don't try and keep a race cadence either. Between 80 and 90 should be good. Looks like you are close to that already. I would suggest increasing your mileage incrementally. Every few weeks when you get comfortable with a new mileage goal stay there for a few weeks and use it for mental toughness as well as physical toughness. Get used to the increased saddle time and be comfortable.

Just my .02 worth. Just have fun and enjoy! Keep it up and you could complete a century by years end!

3. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

If there's one thing I've learned recently, it's that the key to speed is mashing the biggest gear possible.