Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about all the changes FB has made and personally I don't get why but yet I dont see anybody over in Google land! Cept fer Nigal.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,500 Posts
It's not the changes, although they do make it even more confusing for no reason. It's about privacy. In Europe they have a law allowing people to obtain the information companies keep on you. Some people's information logs that FB was keeping and tracking (which they've always said they don't do) was 400 pages long.

I became keenly aware of a shift in attitudes on FB over the past year. It kind of went from being a social network to be a place where everyone simply vents their spleens and b*tch about life. Just narcissistic whining. Except Jeff of course who's main purpose is to make sure I'm up to date on happenings in the beer world. LOL! I would on occasion share some political stuff that pissed me off but other than that I shared music, vids and jokes most of the time.

I deleted my account today.

·
Two skinny J's
21,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's not the changes, although they do make it even more confusing for no reason. It's about privacy. In Europe they have a law allowing people to obtain the information companies keep on you. Some people's information logs that FB was keeping and tracking (which they've always said they don't do) was 400 pages long.

I became keenly aware of a shift in attitudes on FB over the past year. It kind of went from being a social network to be a place where everyone simply vents their spleens and b*tch about life. Just narcissistic whining. Except Jeff of course who's main purpose is to make sure I'm up to date on happenings in the beer world. LOL! I would on occasion share some political stuff that pissed me off but other than that I shared music, vids and jokes most of the time.

I deleted my account today.
lol, be honest I'm a whiner, I spend WAY to much time in front of one electronic device or another.

I do LOVE a GOOD QUALITY beverage :) and one with a crown does not qualify...did I just let that slip, my apologies

BTW, I happen to think our privacy is long gone, I am one that happens to think if your alive in 2011 we have plenty of info on ya. That isn't to say I agree with it but if you get paid (leaglly) and have a driver license it's game over on you privacy...sadly. Overly simplistic view I'm sure

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,500 Posts
lol, be honest I'm a whiner, I spend WAY to much time in front of one electronic device or another.

I do LOVE a GOOD QUALITY beverage :) and one with a crown does not qualify...did I just let that slip, my apologies

BTW, I happen to think our privacy is long gone, I am one that happens to think if your alive in 2011 we have plenty of info on ya. That isn't to say I agree with it but if you get paid (leaglly) and have a driver license it's game over on you privacy...sadly. Overly simplistic view I'm sure
Now if you could just juxtapose the amount of time spent in front of electronic device with the amount of time spent in front of the quality beverages!

and one with a crown does not qualify...
Except in extreme cases of constipation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts