Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out on a late afternoon ride Saturday. Had only planned on going about 20 miles, but my legs were feeling good so I extended it out to a 36 mile ride. About 6 miles from the truck the sun was going behind the trees so I pulled my sunglasses off and hooked them in my camelbak strap, as I've done many times before. About 5 minutes minutes later I hear something hit the ground and look back to see my sunglasses bouncing down the concrete path. I stopped hoping to find a scratched lens maybe, but as my luck would have it, both lenses popped out and frame broke in two places.

Dangit, those were my nice Costa Del Mar fishing sunglasses. :(

·
Registered
625 Posts
bummer. Reason why I tend to buy cheap fishing sunglasses from WalMart, and damn the rules, I will wear a sunglass strap.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My sunglasses are tinted safety glasses from Home Depot. Cheap, durable, keep insects and other objects out of my eyes, not totally dorky looking, and they keep out the glare.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Poolie, one of the affiliates of bonktown.com (whiskeymilitia.com, chainlove.com or steepandcheap.com) has been putting Costa Del Mars on for pretty cheap lately. I can't remember which, though. Keep an eye on them over the next few days, and maybe it will be somewhat less expensive for a replacement. Only problem with these sites, as far as I'm concerned, is I see stuff I never even thought I needed for "such a great deal" and have to have it.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Poolie, one of the affiliates of bonktown.com (whiskeymilitia.com, chainlove.com or steepandcheap.com) has been putting Costa Del Mars on for pretty cheap lately. I can't remember which, though. Keep an eye on them over the next few days, and maybe it will be somewhat less expensive for a replacement. Only problem with these sites, as far as I'm concerned, is I see stuff I never even thought I needed for "such a great deal" and have to have it.
Lesson learned is that I shouldn't have been wearing my expensive fishing sunglasses out on a ride. Polarized lenses (especially optical quality) will remove surface glare, enabling you to see into the water, and reduce eye fatigue which is great for fishing. I don't really need that when I'm riding. All I really needed was something to keep the bugs out of my eyes. I have 3 or 4 pair of cheaper sunglasses in the truck I could have worn but the Del Mars are just really comfortable.... oh well.

·
GiddyUp
337 Posts
Bad idea! It's made me spend a lot of money on stuff I didn't even know I needed. :)
I know, I just bought a Camelbak Delaney Race off Bonktown today for $15. Didn't need it but thought it might get my lazy butt out around the neighborhood for some much needed running.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I know, I just bought a Camelbak Delaney Race off Bonktown today for $15. Didn't need it but thought it might get my lazy butt out around the neighborhood for some much needed running.
I bought the pink one for my wife. Seemed like a good deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts