Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
greenhorn
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone else has this problem or not. I do not wear contacts, but I do wear glasses.
I have trouble on cold mornings, or when going over 35 mph with my eyes watering.
I was wondering if there is something like a clear goggles that would fit over glasses I could wear. And not something too large like sky goggles.
Or shields that would fit on glasses to deflect the wind?
Anyone else run into this or hear of a solution?

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts

·
greenhorn
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hack, where did you get these goggles? Any pictures of them on your head?
I thought about getting something dedicated for riding only with my prescription.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Not sure if anyone else has this problem or not. I do not wear contacts, but I do wear glasses.
I have trouble on cold mornings, or when going over 35 mph with my eyes watering.
I was wondering if there is something like a clear goggles that would fit over glasses I could wear. And not something too large like sky goggles.
Or shields that would fit on glasses to deflect the wind?
Anyone else run into this or hear of a solution?
The only glasses I wear are sunglasses, or when it is dark I have a clear lens that I swap out. I have Oakleys that allow for lens swap and I know that they also make prescription lenses. Might be something to look in to.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
The only way I have ever done 35 is down hill and the hills that are that steep do not usually last long enough for it to be a problem for me. Ski google have worked ok for me in the winter, but not because my eyes watered, but because it was too blame cold without them.

·
greenhorn
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In western PA, most of our rides are up hill, then down hill, then up hill, and again down hill.
You get the idea.
It's not uncommon to reach 40mph without even pedaling on a down hill run.
I'll be checking bobster eyewear Hack.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
greenhorn said:
In western PA, most of our rides are up hill, then down hill, then up hill, and again down hill.
You get the idea.
It's not uncommon to reach 40mph without even pedaling on a down hill run.
I'll be checking bobster eyewear Hack.
I lived outside of the burg for a few years. The only level ground in that area was created with a bulldozer or something that went boom. Yeah you can get longer downhill runs but many places they are winding enough an the lack of barriers if you have a problem make that kind of speed for the casual rider something to think twice about. If something breaks, the bike might hit the Armco guardrail but u are likely going over it. Many of those drop offs would not be fun.

The ride up those hills, and most would call them small mountains, is more than this gray haired Fred would call fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts