Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in fitting my Yuba Mundo with a fairing (windshield). The only one I can find for an upright bike is zziper.com. They're pretty awesome and fairly local but also pretty expensive ($300). Right now, I have my little kiddo riding up front behind my handlebars and he gets a ton of wind, grit, etc blown into his face. We also ride quite a bit, about 500 miles for April so far.

What are your thoughts about fairings and do you know of any that would be cheaper? I've thought about motorcycle ones but they're pretty heavy and the mountings would have to be adapted.

Thanks!

Elle

·
retromike3
274 Posts
Had a Zipper years ago but turned out I used it more to keep the rain off my hands and upper body. Have always liked them, But It did not work better than a set of arrow "clip ons". IMHO.

mikef

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Aero handle bar extensions like for time trials and such. Not an option for your rig, Elle. :) ZZiper is the only maker of bicycle fairing that I know of...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bummer. I'd like some options. I have the cheap-y Yepp Mini windshield but it doesn't have the right parts and so I'm waiting for REI to restock them so I can exchange it. At least that would be something. I contacted one other fairings maker but they only did recumbent bikes and referred me to Zzipper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts