Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First my question is: If you had a close family member, mother, father, brother or sister who committed a serious crime, one they should answer for, and there were warrants out for their arrest or at the very least they are wanted for questioning and you had information that could help bring them in to authorities peacefully would you turn that information over and try to convince the person to turn themselves in and even be there with them when they do so?

Please answer and I will explain more after.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,568 Posts
Yes I would.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,616 Posts
if the crime harmed someone yes... but i would not be there when they got caught.

if no one was harmed, yes i would turn them in but only after trying to talk them into doing the right thing. i would support them through the whole thing.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I have to say yes if I knew they were guilty. Be there for moral support and guidance for them to do the right thing. (Caveat- If they are not violently angry at you for even considering asking them to do the right thing )

Good luck in whatever you decide.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The good news is my family member is in the clear. He did not do the things he was accused of.

The bad news is his vindictive drug addict ex wife is the one who accused him of this and as a result his children are now in foster care until the mess can get sorted out.

The information I got came from our father and I have no reason to doubt him. His information came from my brother's ex wife that my dad took at face value.

If my brother were wanted for the things he wa accused of I would encourage him to turn himself over to the police. I would also try to arrange for that to peacefully happen and be there with him and stand by him every step of the way if he had to face any consequences.

As it is I am standing by and supporting him while he is going through this.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
The good news is my family member is in the clear. He did not do the things he was accused of.

The bad news is his vindictive drug addict ex wife is the one who accused him of this and as a result his children are now in foster care until the mess can get sorted out.

The information I got came from our father and I have no reason to doubt him. His information came from my brother's ex wife that my dad took at face value.

If my brother were wanted for the things he wa accused of I would encourage him to turn himself over to the police. I would also try to arrange for that to peacefully happen and be there with him and stand by him every step of the way if he had to face any consequences.

As it is I am standing by and supporting him while he is going through this.
I'm sorry to hear that, I hope it works out for everyone.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What was the accusation?
Physical abuse that resulted in a broken arm for one child and sexual abuse with another. One of his kids did sustain a broken arm, but it was the result of a fall. The child that had the broken arm is is autistic and has sensory deprivation among other things. This has been backed up by more than one medical professional, including emergency room doctors and nurses and the primary pediatric medical staff as well that my brother is not abusing his children. A police detective has also talked with my brother and has copies of the medical reports stating this is not due to abuse by my brother.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Physical abuse that resulted in a broken arm for one child and sexual abuse with another. One of his kids did sustain a broken arm, but it was the result of a fall. The child that had the broken arm is is autistic and has sensory deprivation among other things. This has been backed up by more than one medical professional, including emergency room doctors and nurses and the primary pediatric medical staff as well that my brother is not abusing his children. A police detective has also talked with my brother and has copies of the medical reports stating this is not due to abuse by my brother.
My Dad taught me growing up if a woman (or whoever) threatens to file a fake police report to go ahead and call the cops and let them know that way they have it on record.

He was in law enforcement and saw it all the time.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Is the kid alright?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts