Fatti con le mani

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by Xela, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Well, I admit, even though I'm at work, I've probably spent close to one hour just looking at this one page. Dario is amazing! Has anyone ever owned a Pegoretti or know anyone that has/does?

Gran Fondo Cycles, Nashville, TN

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  2. SprocketGirl

SprocketGirl spin... spin.. spin

does strongly wishing you owned one count? probably not...

3. Xela

Guess not, because that would include me.

4. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Now if I could get down to my recomender weight of 176 from my now weight of 235. then I could start dreaming.

5. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Not a fan of the graphics. I've had two Columbus frames, and my Wabi (Reynolds 725) rides just as sweet. I doubt I would be able to tell the difference. But I do love the steel.

6. Xela

I love the majority of his paint jobs. But, then again, Dali and Anatole Krasnyansky are two of my favorite artists.

I know the price is up there compared to other steel frames, but each frame is still handmade and each is hand painted. Compared to US hand-made steel frames such as Vanilla (can you believe their website is showing a 5 year wait for orders?!), Sachs, etc. Pegoretti's are definitely not overpriced. I guess with each of these you're paying for a boutique bike that you will one day hang on your wall rather than trading/selling for your next ride.

7. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Intangibles are expensive. I cannot justify the extra expense for something unnoticeable with your eyes closed.

I had a one-off custom MTB frame that was valued at around $3500 in 1999 dollars. It was a factory XC race frame form a now defunct bike company. No paint (aluminum) and not the most attractive design, but it had a Horst link which worked awesome, and was crazy light. Not something you'd show off to your friends, but you could slay with it off road.

8. Xela

I'm a very visual person. Some of my greatest pleasures in life come from just looking at things. I don't just mean objects or artworks either but also landscapes, sunrises, sunsets, etc. For example, the highlight of my trip to Switzerland was just seeing this from our hotel balcony, whereas, the wife would probably say something about the food, wine, or shopping.

[​IMG]