Favero Assioma Duo

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Germanrazor, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Germanrazor

Germanrazor Well-Known Member

Anyone running these and can give their feedback?

2. Merlincustom

Merlincustom Senior Member

I have a friend who likes them.

Germanrazor likes this.

3. Germanrazor

I am certainly considering these for sure. Seems overwhelming positive reviews.

kneedrachen likes this.
  4. Dos_Ruedas

Dos_Ruedas Well-Known Member

I don’t even know what it is.

Germanrazor likes this.
  5. John_V

John_V Moderator Staff Member Mod Team Tavern Member

Power metered pedals.

Dos_Ruedas likes this.
  6. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

I like the true DUO sided power and have wished many times would have gone that route. Getting a true 50/50 split with even balance seems impossible to me :D I'm sure it rarely happens. I don't race so power is just another statistic ( or for workouts in Zwift or the like ) for me to track and watch. I don't like the idea of being stuck to one style of pedal going that way tho. I prefer Speedplay pedals. The last set I used before were Look pedals and cleats tho. Guess I'm always going against the grain.

Dos_Ruedas, John_V and kneedrachen like this.
  7. Germanrazor

I was able to find I believe the only pair of Favero's in duo form in the US! After stalemating with the small business owner I was able to score them at a price I was able to live with since Italy is on Covid shutdown and not producing any at the moment.

Got them for $120 off their selling price so I feel like I did okay.

Dos_Ruedas, John_V and rola643 like this.
  8. rola643

What's your primary purpose/motivation for wanting them( power meter in general)?

John_V likes this.
  9. Germanrazor

To show watt output; cadence (even though I have a current sensor doing this); which leg is exerting most force (so I can bring the other up to par) in other words left/right power balance; how much time I spend out of saddle as compared to seated......

Plus, I am a tech-geek also! I can't help myself.

Dos_Ruedas and rola643 like this.
  10. Germanrazor

Finally these are coming in. Received a tracking # so I am like a school kid at Christmas, well, that is anytime I get some new bike part.

11. Germanrazor

My initial impressions of the Favero’s is very good. I do like how I can look to a singular metric being which side is working harder and for me my right is working harder than my left to a tune of 49%/51%. Much more being analyzed but I can see I favor my right slightly over the left.

The power phase pickup is pretty much identical in the degree position it kicks in. But so much more to delve into here.

Overall, if you need to measure metrics beyond what your cyclometer will do, power analyzers are worth it.

rola643 likes this.
  12. rola643

^ Funny, I was thinking about seeing if you had any rides in on with them. I'm pretty impressed your L/R power is that close. Not many are.

Germanrazor likes this.
  13. Germanrazor

So to a screen shot of power phase metrics from the Favero’s on today’s ride. Both legs working close in uniformity but still some slight deviation.

Screenshot_20201007-141718_Connect.jpg

rola643 likes this.
  14. rola643

Nice balance. If i was to bet I'd guess mine to be a 70/30..80/20. No way for me to know.

15. Germanrazor

Thank you. It’s weird that they are so close. I would swear my right does a more wopsided load than the left.

rola643 likes this.
  16. rola643

I would think I'd be the same.
    About 20 years ago now I burned a pole from about 28 ft ( I was told 6 ft is the make or break height for most falls at which people live or die so I'm thankful for that and no I can't fly like Superman and yes it was like road runner and the coyote cartoon, it happened in slow motion and I KNEW it was going to hurt and I'm positive I had the same look as Coyote going over the edge of the cliff :) ) and had a compound break of both the Tibia and Fibia. My toes were pointing at a nice 45* in the wrong direction. I was out of work for 8 months and the first three I was bed ridden as I broke the bones in my other foot. I'm the proud owner of a real nice titanium rod ( which I broke the end of that rod in a mtb accident, freaked the doctors out :)) from my knee to my ankle. I PROMISE I did not get the same care as Joe Thiesman. I have a nice knot the size of a small apple close to my ankle where the bone never healed correctly. My left calf is smaller than my right because of this and my left thigh is prolly bigger than my right.

I say all this because I'm right handed in all things. Oddly I played hockey until I was in high school and was left handed in that until I became a goalie and was right handed in that aspect and kick a football with my left foot...oddd

In the end I'll never have the right balance of left and right power from this :D

John_V likes this.
  17. Germanrazor

Good Googly Mooks! You are lucky to be walking!!!

The only real injury in my life was 20 years ago where I almost took off my right hand with a machete. That’s a story for another day LOL. Surgeons did a great job and now I only have a 17.5% permanent disability in that hand.....and yes, I am right side dominant too.

rola643 and John_V like this.
  18. rola643

Justifiable ETap or Di2

Germanrazor and John_V like this.