Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
My favorite that I own is my Surly 1x1. If we're talking favorite singlespeed if money were no object, I'd have a custom steel or Ti frame built. Off the rack, probably a Vicious. Maybe even a 650b, the new 29er. They have killer paint jobs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If money is no object, I'd be going with a Richard Sachs. This guy has been building bikes for quite a while and they are sick! However, I'd probably pick up an Independent Fabrication to ride while I wait the two years for my name to come up on the Sachs waiting list.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm not sure that they do make an "off the rack" model. But, they can make any one of their frames with custom features, such as horizontal dropouts for track bikes. Also, they don't show a fixed gear in their models section, but if you look at the custom gallery they show the bike below, and call it the "hummingbird."

·
Registered
19 Posts
IF stuff is all custom built.
This is true, but custom is a relative term. All of their bikes are custom, but they have standard models that they make to custom rider specifications, and then they can make truly custom bikes, based on the rider's needs outside of their standard models.

·
Registered
19 Posts
As for how much that IF bike costs, not really sure. Assuming that the bike is steel and not titanium, I am guessing the frame would be close to the price of a steel crown jewel (about 1,900)

·
Registered
192 Posts
My favorite was probably my Spot singlespeed. Sold it before i moved but then replaced it with a Santa Cruz Chameleon with a set of King wheels. My new favorite now!

·
pedal pusher
121 Posts
^^^^ thats sexy

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I'm a big fan of derailleurs, but if I had a bike without one, I'd want a belt drive. This Spot Rocker SS Ti looks cool.

Spot Sprawl might fit my riding style better :p.

Rim brakes are a turn off. Spot Mod SS.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm a big fan of derailleurs, but if I had a bike without one, I'd want a belt drive. This Spot Rocker SS Ti looks cool.

Spot Sprawl might fit my riding style better :p.

Rim brakes are a turn off. Spot Mod SS.
I'm drooling over the last one in the pic:eek:^^^^

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,562 Posts
Bianchi Pista. Classic.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I would like the color of the Pista, the disc brakes and frame, saddle and fork of the Sprawl, and the bars and levers of the Pista and the belt drive of the Spot.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts