Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Rat Biker
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your favorite time of day to ride? Mornings afternoons?

I tend to do a lot of riding during the early part of the day though haven't been out to much lately been trying to get out at least a good couple times a week in the mornings usually weekends

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
99.9 % of my rides in the summer start no later then 0730 and 0830ish in the winter. I don't know that I have ever ridden in the evening other maybe with my spousal unit. I work until 8 pm anyway so it doesn't leave much time even in the peak of summer.

·
Registered
415 Posts
This time of year I have been riding in the late afternoon, but once it gets hotter in the summer I'll do most of my riding between 9pm and midnight...

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I like morning, but I try to ride so I have shade most of the ride in the summer, and sun in the winter. If it gets to be afternoon I take a nap ;), so not a good chance for a ride that day :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Late fall, winter and early spring I'd prefer to wait till afternoon. Otherwise out the door at first light.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
I prefer mornings less wind and gets me going for the day. But since I can only do mornings on the weekends most rides are afternoon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
5:15 in the am. Don't particularly like getting up at 4:30 to make coffee and get ready but that's the only time I have. It is quiet though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
In west Tesxas I like to ride early in the day during summer. Wind and heat are brutal after about 10 am. Winter I like late afternoon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I prefer morning rides. I usually start them at around 6:30 but no later than 7. The streets seem a lot less busy at those times. And there's not too much sun hitting my face!

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I road around 8:am for a wile, then I thaught if I ride after 9:am all the people will be at work and I will have a nicer ride, WRONG I was realy wrong after 9:am thay realy drive crazy because thay are all late for work.

My ¢¢

·
Registered
44 Posts
wild said:
I road around 8:am for a wile, then I thaught if I ride after 9:am all the people will be at work and I will have a nicer ride, WRONG I was realy wrong after 9:am thay realy drive crazy because thay are all late for work.

My ¢¢
Lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Depends on the time of year. Here in Austin, the weather in the spring is wonderful and I can ride pretty much anytime. However, in the late spring to early winter, the earlier in the morning the better. 100+ degrees is not pleasant to do much of anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Whenever it's not raining at the beginning of the ride....otherwise....early mornings/night time riding (cooler temps, less traffic, and open roads)...I only ride areas/routes that I am familiar with....25-35 miles per ride...

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Best choice would be early afternoon. Workers are back working & not on lunch break. Less rushed traffic on roads. Temps better.
But, the BEST time to ride, is when you have time. Hopefully about fifteen min. before someone asks you to do something else.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts