Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a entry level bike. Have ridden both bikes listed in the title and they were both really nice. I like the way both bikes look and just wanted some help from some people who probably know more me. Which bike would be the better choice? I'm sure i would be happy with either one. Or is there another bike I should check out as well. My birthday is in two days and would like to get it this weekend.

Thanks for any help you guys can give.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Welcome to Two Spoke!

I am sure you will get lots of help with your question on which bike. My input would be that the Allez was been termed a more "aggressive" geometry when I was doing my due diligence. Because I was getting my first bike in a LONG time, the LBS suggested I might want something that was less aggressive and more relaxed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First, welcome to the forums!

As far as these two bikes, any particular reason? Geometry, price, color, comfort, location of the shop, etc?
Well the geometry was a little more racy on the Specialized and i could tell on the Felt I was a little more upright, but was comfortable in the positions. Price the Felt is about $100 more. Color wise the Specialized red really stood out to me when I saw it in person and the Felt is just white and I believe it had white tires(never seen that before). Both shops were pretty close to each other. The one thing that stood out however was the shop that had the Specialized was a authorized Specialized dealer so they had tons of Specialized stuff and bikes.

·
889 Posts
There are some very positive reviews on that Allez and it's an amazing bike for the price.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
I ride the Allez Sport Compact and LOVE my bike. It is also a 9 speed. I have no experience with Felt though. What components do they offer, same level? If so then get the pretty one!

Yeah the new 2013 Allez has alot of "bang for the buck".

Oh and welcome.

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Voxy-

Pretty comparable group. I wanted a 105 Allez something fierce but they didn't have one in my size. Ended up with the Synapse and am very happy. That silly Venge keeps calling my name. . .but I don't answer with an $18k price tag for the top of the line model. . .

Wait a second. Who needs a kidney, gallbladder or appendix? I'll sit in an ice bath for a bit until help arrives. . .

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
kneedrachen said:
Voxy-

Pretty comparable group. I wanted a 105 Allez something fierce but they didn't have one in my size. Ended up with the Synapse and am very happy. That silly Venge keeps calling my name. . .but I don't answer with an $18k price tag for the top of the line model. . .

Wait a second. Who needs a kidney, gallbladder or appendix? I'll sit in an ice bath for a bit until help arrives. . .
Voxy? Please don't call me a Voxy lady, hahahaha.

Yes the venge calls. You can always sell blood, marrow, and plasma.

·
Too Much Good Food
91 Posts
The Allez 105 was my first road bike. I rode it for several years (2008-2012) and enjoyed it a great deal. I found it to be a good value and a good performer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts