Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi.
I've started to use the video function on my compact camera more and more on my rides lately. Want to upgrade to a cycling video recorder, helmet cam.
Do any of you guys record your rides, other than for road traffic evidence? As I have no idea of the camera market place with regard to quality of camera equipment with regard to this type of photography on the move I'd like some info on what type of camera you guys in the know would recommend?

This is something I was experimenting with yesterday. My wife said she couldn't understand how I could sit and look at a video of endless road lol ... So I played around with the editing a little to try to make it more interesting. I'd like to here from some of you guys who are up to speed when it comes to this to pick your brains on videoing whilst out on your rides.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIckQXXDSqA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

·
Registered
40 Posts
For $300, you can get the GoPro Hero2 HD camera, it has accessories to mount it practically anywhere on your bicycle. Its durable and water proof. I am storm chaser and I occasionally chase with a friend that has one mounted on the hood of his truck, it's completely survived 100+ MPH winds and softball size hail. I highly recommend them. A LOT of cyclists use them!

gopro.com is the official website to get one

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys. Thanx for the recommendation. I was looking at the Contour Roam but now I'm swaying towards the GoPro.

@Xela: love the vids. Was the other video also made using the GoPro, the one on the cycle trainer in kitchen? If so, is the time delay a function of the GoPro?

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Was the other video also made using the GoPro, the one on the cycle trainer in kitchen? If so, is the time delay a function of the GoPro?
Glad you liked it. No, that was just the timer function on a digital camera. The 100 Miles of Nowhere was the only one from the GoPro. The GoPro does have a time delay function, however. Here's a link to the manual if you want to read about its features. http://daharc68pal5t.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/HD2_UserManual_ENG1.pdf

If you need further convincing, watch this ad in 1080p. Best ad ever!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUEZCxBcM78&feature=pyv&feature=pyv&ad=13272260059&kw=gopro[/ame]

·
Banned
38 Posts
I have two GoPro cameras - Im surprised to see a thread asking about a camera... I thought they were household name. They're used on 100 % of all TV reality shows.
Mine also can be configured to record 3D video which I can watch on my Samsung with 3D glasses.
I've shot hours of cycle video with them in the past month. I even overlay telemetry, gauges as well. Look no further, check craigs list or ebay for some good deals as their is a new version (NOT NEEDED) but many are upgrading and selling the hero2 cheap.

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
I have two GoPro cameras - Im surprised to see a thread asking about a camera... I thought they were household name. .
Really? Guess we are not all filming aficionados :eek:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rojoyinc said:
I have two GoPro cameras - Im surprised to see a thread asking about a camera... I thought they were household name. They're used on 100 % of all TV reality shows
please accept my apologies on posting such a dumb question.

·
Banned
38 Posts
Not dumb? just surprises me, since GoPro today is like Kodak was 20 years ago. Un knowing and dumb are very different. Google GoPro and check their facebook page. They bought one of my images from me, and a few months ago a national news show was doing a article about the GoPro camera's and I was plastered (my shot of me skiing) was front and center and I got calls from all over saying they saw me in national TV. They're really fun to use.
lemme see if I can attach from ipad... The camera that shot this is suction cup mounted to the tip of my water ski.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts