Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't earn much and couldn't just go down to my LBS and walk out with a nice road bike.

So I've spent the last 2 years buying this bike 1 piece at a time. I started with the frame, which came from Italian ebay and cost me a princely €52 (plus €40 shipping) and have just kept grabbing what i though looked good as it came up.

I got all the SRAM rival stuff on ebay, in the middle of the night, on christmas eve, for a very silly price.

I'm so excited that it's finished and I've done a couple of 100 miles on it. Just had to shout about it!

More details in the bike registry but this is it:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, i went with that frame mostly because it looks cool, was a bargain and it fits me perfectly.

i did a bit of research and anyone that his ridden one of these seems to love it.

the tubing is excell glx, which i think is a proprietary version of excell podium. the frame was built by billato in italy who built many top-end frames including giordanas with excell tubing that look very similar.

it's pretty light for a steel frame too.

·
Rat Biker
432 Posts
Nice bike ya built there and best part if someone asks where you bought it from you get to tell them I built it myself same reason I build computers more fun than buying them already done. And I also agree with ya cool frame.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
If it rides as good as it looks, you are in for one sweet ride :thumbsup: :D.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts