finally finished my dream bike!

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by antibard, Apr 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. antibard

antibard New Member

I don't earn much and couldn't just go down to my LBS and walk out with a nice road bike.

So I've spent the last 2 years buying this bike 1 piece at a time. I started with the frame, which came from Italian ebay and cost me a princely €52 (plus €40 shipping) and have just kept grabbing what i though looked good as it came up.

I got all the SRAM rival stuff on ebay, in the middle of the night, on christmas eve, for a very silly price.

I'm so excited that it's finished and I've done a couple of 100 miles on it. Just had to shout about it!

More details in the bike registry but this is it:

[​IMG]

2. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Congrats on getting it finished! I'm waiting for some cash to magically appear before I start my build!

3. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

When it does appear, send to us in the form of a wedding present.

4. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Very nice build. What made you go with that frame?

5. Skidmark

Skidmark Cycling for life

Looks awesome, Congrats.

6. antibard

antibard New Member

thanks, i went with that frame mostly because it looks cool, was a bargain and it fits me perfectly.

i did a bit of research and anyone that his ridden one of these seems to love it.

the tubing is excell glx, which i think is a proprietary version of excell podium. the frame was built by billato in italy who built many top-end frames including giordanas with excell tubing that look very similar.

it's pretty light for a steel frame too.

7. Farnsworth

Farnsworth New Member

Nice bike! How much did you spend all together?

8. bikebum1975

bikebum1975 Rat Biker

Nice bike ya built there and best part if someone asks where you bought it from you get to tell them I built it myself same reason I build computers more fun than buying them already done. And I also agree with ya cool frame.

9. antibard

antibard New Member

it came to around £600 i think, definitely not more than £700. an average of about £50 a month- i got front and rear wheels 4 months apart- they were the most expensive bits.

10. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

If it rides as good as it looks, you are in for one sweet ride :thumbsup: :D.

11. fleeter

fleeter The Bearded Wonder