Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Specialized Crosstrail
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been bugging my g/f to ride with me for months, she's into jogging, and I hate jogging. She started complaining about her feet and ankles after running, so I brought it up again, "Get a bike! Lets go riding!" Its the first time she didn't say no, which almost always means yes without actually saying it. I knew she would never get around to looking at bikes herself, and that she would never spend any more than a couple hundred bucks on a used one, so I searched on Craigslist and found this one for 150. This bike was sold at Costco, and I almost bought it myself when I was looking. A good friend of mine has the same bike and loves it. I told my girlfriend it looked like a good deal, she gave me the cash, and off I went to pick it up.

Its in very good shape, aluminum frame, all brand name components, same components as my Specialized Crosstrail pretty much. It came with a 30 dollar Kryptonite lock. Anyway, I did some adjustments and set it up the way she likes it, and she's having a great time with it I can tell! And she's doing good, she pretty much keeps up with me. Just have to gets some lights, helmet. I know its not the best bike out there, but its the bike that finally got her to ride.. so its good enough for now!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
As long as she is having fun, you will have no problems. At first glance I miss read the subject line, and I thought what but then I realized I had to ride in the wrong spot grin. Still us old married guys will tell you one truth. Happy wife = happy life. Same applies to girlfriends too, only you can trade them in on a new one. Still what ever you do, don't push her. Encourage her, but don't push. She may find she really enjoys it, or it may not be for her. If I were you though, I would start a fund for a new bike for her. What you have is fine for her to find out whether or not she likes to ride, but if she really likes it she is going to want better. You don't want frustration with the bike to keep her from riding.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Excellent. Cool think about getting it off CL, is if she does like cycling and wants an upgrade, you can put it back out on CL and sell it for what you paid for it.

·
Specialized Crosstrail
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, happy wife =happy life... ya got that right. We're not married, but might as well be,been living together for 13 some years now. I have a feeling she is going to ride the heck out of that bike. She's not picky, and pretty frugal, I can't see her spending a bunch of money on another bike, I mean she would have to REALLY get into it to even consider that. I can hear her now... "Why would I spend a bunch more money in another bike when the one I have is fine?" I guess it could happen if she test road some other bike that really showed her a difference. I'm just glad she's riding with me now, Ill take it a day at a time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts