Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to ya'll so far. Someone taught me BCD. Now I can continue the quest for a 53 tooth chain ring with an 85 mm bcd Shoot me a message if you can help.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Thanks to ya'll so far. Someone taught me BCD. Now I can continue the quest for a 53 tooth chain ring with an 85 mm bcd Shoot me a message if you can help.
Are you sure that's your BCD and not just the distance on center of the holes? Never heard of an 85mm BCD. Seems kind of small for a 53t chainring. If the holes are 85mm on center, it's a 144mm BCD.

·
Younger than Hack
746 Posts
Are you sure that's your BCD and not just the distance on center of the holes? Never heard of an 85mm BCD. Seems kind of small for a 53t chainring. If the holes are 85mm on center, it's a 144mm BCD.
Thanks for clearing that all up Hop. I thought this was a thread about Bicycling Compulsive Disorder. I guess we are all just plainn crazy, no fancy name for what ails us yet.:p

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whoa now,

Not looking for a fight, but someone mailed a diagram and I was using the center of the bolt holes. Starting to make sense now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you explain "track chainring" I'm looking to replace the big ring on a 2 ring sugino maxy crankset. It's 85 mm center to center on the bolt holes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a little slow on the uptake. I got this attachment, but didn't pay attention. So, when I measure 85 mm center to center, I am looking at a 144 mm BCD. Thanks for your patience.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Just a little slow on the uptake. I got this attachment, but didn't pay attention. So, when I measure 85 mm center to center, I am looking at a 144 mm BCD. Thanks for your patience.
Actually, there is no 85mm BCD. 84.6mm center to center = 144mm BCD.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts