Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a little over a year of slow and steady weight loss I finally hit my target weight of 155 pounds yesterday. In Oct 2010 I topped out at 185 pounds; the most I've ever weighed. My doctor said she'd like to see me at 155, so that's what I set my sights on.

Burning off fat and building muscle at the same time (and eating rather poorly) makes for a roller coaster ride. There were weeks I'd gain a pound or two, then weeks I'd lose. Overall it was easy during the summer last year. When you're riding 4-5 days a week burning 5-6 thousand calories you can eat pretty much anything you want and lose weight... which was exactly what I was doing.

As November rolled around and the reality set in that I'd be riding maybe once a week plus time on the trainer... Hmmm, pizza 3 days a week probably isn't going to cut it anymore, I had to start dieting. At this point I was hoovering around 160 and with the 'Feasting' holidays ahead of me I mentally prepared myself for gaining some weight back. My family loves to cook and eat the tastiest most unhealthy food known to man, so Thanksgiving thru New Years was tough. Otherwise eating healthy and adding running to my exercise routine I managed to see January 1 at 158 pounds.... how I don't know.

Here we are mid January and I've managed to shed off the last three pounds. Woo Hoo! I can already see riding season on the horizon. I've also dropped 4 pant sizes which has been a pain in the wallet.

So what was the point in saying all this? One, I'm obviously excited to finally have my weight where I want it, but more importantly I wanted to share with others who are working on similar goals, that it is possible.

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
Wow! I'm impressed! I need to do the same. I haven't sen that kinda weight since....high school and my days in the Air Force. I'd be happy at 160-165.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'm actually looking forward to putting a little weight back on this Spring/Summer in the form of muscle.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! I'm impressed! I need to do the same. I haven't sen that kinda weight since....high school and my days in the Air Force. I'd be happy at 160-165.
I think your recent acquisition will help out much :)

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Great job, Poolie!!! I've definitely gone the wrong way in the weight department so far this winter. Time to really kick it into gear with some serious training. Proud of ya, Man!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Great Job Pool! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yep after the pre, Christmas, and post feasting weeks, I have some work still to do as well. Was at a summer low of 173# then slowly worked my way up to 184 as of now.

Looking forward to playin outside, but will make do with the trainer in the meantime.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts