Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tomorrow and for some reason I feel a little apprehensive. It's a 66 mile ride and I have done it several times before...just not this early in the year. I changed my cassette from a 11-28 to a 11-23 tonight and hope it's not to big of a change. Relatively flat ride just a couple steep(er) climbs.

Attachments

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Yesterday was my longest ride sinse the winter, 38.9 miles went down to Tuckahoe bike shop and stole one of there cookies thay allways have out. On the way home I heard a noise and thaught the seat post sliped, stoped and looked, did not see any thing different, so I rode on. I kept thinking my mph is up and my legs are feeling good but my arms are sore. When I got home I looked the bke over better and the saddle had sliped back 1/2 ". Faster or more comfort so I set it inbetween.

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Somewhat disappointed with todays results. Didn't sleep at all last night and it was cold and windy today. It was 32 degrees when we left and WINDY. To make matters worse the gearing change I made just killed my weak legs.....managed a measly 16.2 mph average and to be honest I thought it was going to be closer to 13 or 14.

We rode a slightly different route than we had originally planed that turned out pretty nice. I got dropped like a bad habit today... embarrassing :mad:

Attachments

·
4,311 Posts
16.2 sounds like a good avg to me , if I get 11 12 I check the bike to see whats wrong my avg speed is around 10 mph and getting slower

I don't think that is to far to be going alone I drove acrost the country on a motorcycle ,just me and my wife. I was a little younger then, in my late 50s

·
4,311 Posts
You see I am 66 years old retired I have nothing but time and no one to push me, not evevan myself. I go out and just ride I like being on the bike. I rode 62 miles once it took me 6 Hr I was going for 65 but I had a blow out 3 miles from home. last year I rode 4330 miles, I just ride because I like it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts