Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After picking my 2.3 up Wednesday, I finally had the chance to take it out this afternoon between work shifts. I had rode around 2 miles (that baby rocks, by the way) and my shifting cable for my crankset became loose. Me not knowing it is a simple adjustment got all flustered and rode back to the truck and took it by the bike shop for a 30 second fix. After getting it fixed, I just came on home, to flustered to try it again today. Two riders came by and rode back with me as they were about finished. As luck would have it they were on Trek's as well. Great people like those people are what makes this sport so awesome. Oh by the way did I mention my new bike ROCKS!!!!:love:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Lots of stuff is very easy to adjust on the road with a turn of the barrel adjuster by hand or a screwdriver (eg. limit screws).

Check out some basic stuff from sheldonbrown.com or parktool site. Most times new bikes need some very minor adjustments as the components/cables go through a break in-period, Sometimes easier than wasting the gas and time to make the drive to the shop! I've hasd new bikes that take one adjustment, and others that take two or three so don't panic if it happens again.

Yes, Treks are awsome!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, much better today, I put 17.5 miles on my 2.3. Everything went very good and normal. I know I am going to love this bicycle, it's so smooth and really rolls good. No complaints this trip. Looks like alls well. Awesome bicycle. I don't want to brag, but remember, I came off a small Schwinn 21 speed mountain bike w/street tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts