Fishing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by saladspokes, Sep 22, 2009.

1. saladspokes

saladspokes Guest

Does anyone here fish much? I was thinking of getting my license so I can grill up some soon. I used to catch pirrahnas in houston for some odd reason, even took pictures and looked them up...

2. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I used to, but since I moved back to the big city I can't find the time. I even let my license slip so know I'm out of luck.

3. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

I go fishin as often as I can, have a lake nearby, actually I ride around it a few times a week. Grew up on Resort in No Cal mtns, was a tough life.

DrB

4. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

I am big on the flyfishing. My skills are well below my enthusiasm. I have been flyfishing for 3 years now and have yet to catch anything. I guess that is why they call it fishing and not catching. I fished a lot when I was a kid and caught a lot of fish. My friend and I would ride our bikes all day. We had a backpack with all we needed to stop and catch some fish and cook the for lunch, including a pan, 2 plates, forks salt pepper and oil. Now I would be happy to just catch one. I may have to break down and buy some flies that look a little more delectable than the ones I am tying.

5. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

Not as much as I'd like, but I do a wee bit.
    [​IMG]

6. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

my gkids on carson river back in april, gdaughter caught this one, check out the pink pole, it lights up when she reels it! Wyatt(blue tie dye shirt), caught one over 3lbs!!! You can see the river in the background!!

So much fun watchin the gkids catchin fish, way better than catchin em yourself!!

The last pic was to tie in to cycling, yes it snowed on us the first day, about 2", but kids sucked it up and had a great time. Wife and I actually got to ride a couple times.

DrB

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  7. berniegreen

berniegreen Guest

Once I caught a snake on my line, does anyone know what attracts them to bite?

8. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

oo what a whopper hophead...