Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i decided to build up a bike to travel the paved and non paved roads searching the country side for trout... i will take a fly-rod and some gear ride and ride some more.

decided to go with a Vassago Fisticuff. frame is here and has the new cobalt polished crankbrothers headset installed. bb and cranks tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Very nice! :thumbsup: I look forward to more pics as it's built up. What's your timeline on a finished product?

I noticed on the web that the official color of the frame is "Snickers Brown". :)

·
Who put that curb there?
168 Posts
I expect that's the one she'll bring when we go fly fishing in Provo Canyon.
Hack, you'll probably end up doing your fishing in Oak Creek Canyon near Sedona since she doesn't drive or have a car. But I hear that it is beautiful there too. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
216 Posts
I noticed on the web that the official color of the frame is "Snickers Brown". :)
Maybe I'm in the wrong spot- When I go to the Fisticuff page, it says its available in "Shart Brown", which made me "lol".

Either way, sweet ride :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Maybe I'm in the wrong spot- When I go to the Fisticuff page, it says its available in "Shart Brown", which made me "lol".

Either way, sweet ride :thumbsup:
Yep, you're right. Vassago lists it as "Shart". Amazon has it listed as "Snickers". Maybe they thought Vassago's description is too offensive. Even funnier now. :D

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
When I saw the subject Fisticuff, I thought someone had made Sprocket Girl mad, a fight had broken out and was in for it. Never heard of that as a bike, but we do have your back SG.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hoping within' the next few weeks... yep, Hack. i could ride to Utah... i mean not in a day but in a few and there are hotels between here and there.

that is the color... it is a lot like a Surly Cross-check only lighter and a little more standard geometry.

here is the build plans thus far....

Crankbrothers:
Cobalt Sl directset
Cobalt 3 stem
Cobalt 3 20mm setback seatpost
Cobalt 3 lowrise bars
eggbeater 3 pedals

Saddle:
Brooks Swift Honey

Brakes:
Paul Components Neo-Retro Cantilevers

Rear Derailleur:
Sram XO... with matching shifter... yep i am going mtb because i decided on flat bars instead of drop bars.

Wheels: ?
Brake levers: ?
Tires: ?

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Ohhh....nice! I'm quite jealous! My new bike goal for the year is to build up a do-it-all bike. You're well on your way.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
while... i love my road bike i wanted something that could handle a fire road and access streams yet would roll on road wheels and feel more like a road bike. durable affordable and of course cool looking.
i got rid of my mtbs since i am headed to France in a short while. i am taking my Wilier and the Look is staying with my parents here... my cervelo is going as a gift to a good friend and my Specialized commuter bike will stay in dads garage.
so, when i get home i will have my Wilier the new Vassago... and in the states i will have my Look promised to be in the living room and the Specialized. if i come back then they will be there if i can't come back i will have the Look shipped and the Specialized can be sold or given to a rider in need.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
for sure... i will not leave TwoSpoke... just the states. hope to return after the summer if the people in charge will let me.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the fisticuff is all put together....

i like the way the crankbrothers stuff looks.

here is a pic showing the Miche wheels....

seatpost... matches the stem, bars, and headset.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks, hope it rides as well as i hope... will know early tomorrow.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks to everyone... i am really happy with it.

put twenty miles on it this morning mostly road but a little trail ride at the end. it handles well and corners better than any bike i have ever owned. responsive is the best word i can think of. still getting used to it being a single-speed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts