Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a century today with 125 others in Naples FL. Tom Danielson from Garmin was a featured guest. It was announced that after an hour he was going to take off and to some serious training. 8 miles into the ride one the many Garmin clad riders pulled up next to me and asked me how things were. We were going about 21. I said this is great but that damn Tom Danielson is going to come to the front and jack the pace up and split everybody up. I then asked where are you from? He said Boulder CO. I said are you connected with Tom? He says I guess I am Tom Danielson. I told him I feel like an idiot but i have a lot of practice so I'm not embarrassed. We proceeded to have a 5-10 minute conversation about stuff when the pace went to 27 and my butt went to the back. Nice ride, good guy. I hope he has another good year this year.

·
Florida Cyclist
234 Posts
It is neat to ride beside cycling greats..... I rode briefly with Greg Lemond (before he turned into a whining baby) in the Tampa /St Pete area....

And while cycling in Tuscany going up a big climb on the tandem (never very fast) I hear a voice just behind me and to my left say ---" You are climbing pretty well on that Tandem" ------ I look and it was Andy Hampsten (first US rider win a Tour De France Stage. We chatted for 90 seconds or so before he went on.

I am curious as to how you went 27mph with one foot in your mouth :p

good story

1 - 3 of 3 Posts