Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ent to adjust my brakes before my morning ride and found my rear tire was flat
There is a hole in the tube seam on the inside, wheel side I'd the tube. There must have been something in the wheel or a defective tube.
No replacement and the BS is closed, guess I'm riding the old heavy MTBike in the morning

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Did you check your rim tape? If there' a hole on the inside and it is a single round hole, sounds like a spoke poke.

If there are 2 holes, that's from low pressure.

And a heavy MTB?

that's AWESOME! work harder!
Hmmm "A spoke Poke"

I need a T-shirt that says that :cool:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll check for protruding spokes when I get home from work and buying a tube. Front tire flat on the MTBike, ugh! It holds for 30 min and I ride for an hour plus. Oh well I got to sleep in.
Thanks for advise!

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
They may not be protruding, if you have a rubber rim strip (looks like a thin piece of tube) it can slip which would allow the puncture.

I like Velox tape, others may feel differently.
So your saying it might be a "Protruding spoke Poke" (this just keeps getting better):)

·
Don't Call Me Shirley
18 Posts
Buffalo-jon said:
So your saying it might be a "Protruding spoke Poke" (this just keeps getting better):)
The most common result of a bad rim job is a protruding spoke poke. Can be in the rear or the front, but it's likely to be unpleasant either way. :p

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I'll check for protruding spokes when I get home from work and buying a tube. Front tire flat on the MTBike, ugh! It holds for 30 min and I ride for an hour plus. Oh well I got to sleep in.
Thanks for advise!
Bummer! I found my rear tire flat this morning and noticed it was a tiny hole on the spoke side of the tube. The Velox tape looked OK, this wheel only a year or two old? I could not feel a spoke through the tape, perhaps I should have pulled the tape off to examine.

I've been getting a lot of flats lately! :hate: Got a good cut in a low mileage high dollar tire Sunday. :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
thanks. coffee all over my monitor. you win!

Jon, did you laugh hard enough to let a stinky one slip out?
Best Double entranda ever, I don't think I have every typed LOL but man that was Hilarious, I was seriously L O L ing . Now I have to get that T-shirt!!!!!

Like they say where I work "You awright cdubbaya"

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
cdubbaya said:
The most common result of a bad rim job is a protruding spoke poke. Can be in the rear or the front, but it's likely to be unpleasant either way. :p
Dude. I don't know what to say. I think the spoke pokes broke my brain.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts