Flatland bikes help needed

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking' started by apex, Jun 8, 2010.

1. apex

apex New Member

Hey people,
    I've been looking to get into flatland for awhile now. My problem is that I have limited knowledge on who makes flatland bikes and where to get them. In the last 2 weeks, I've been to 8 different bike shops asking for a flatland bike and every sigle time I get the same dumbfounded look like I was asking about astrophysics.

My latest shop that I went to ticked me off so bad that I wanted to tell the guys off. I found that DK makes an entry level flatland bike called the Opsis. So, I did a search on dealers and found this place 15 mins from my house called action village. I went there today to ask about it and if they had any other flatland bikes. Once again, of the 3 associates working in the shop, none of them knew what a flatland bike was or if they sold such a bike. I was blown away that a "BMX" shop had idiots of this caliber working there. I left the place happy that I didn't give them the 1k I had in my pocket.

Anyways, can anyone help me with specific manufacturers and models I could look into?
    I'm looking for something with a detangler, 14mm axles, 4 gnarled pegs, freecoaster, short crank pedals(160mm or less), wheels/tires that can handle at least 100lbs of air pressure, cromoly frame forks crank and bars.
    I didn't think finding one would be such a hassle. So here I am, hoping someone knows what the heck I'm talkin about.

2. apex

apex New Member

3. apex

apex New Member

Nevermind. I settled with a KHE Equilibrium.
    Thanks for the help.:rolleyes: