Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
:thumbsup:Reminds me of the cheapskate I used to ride with that put duct tape around his rim and tire because of torn or worn spots in the tire. Ha!:D

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts

·
Most Unusual
149 Posts
LOL - I used to run a bar next to a fire station and they all knew I rode my bike to work - and I made a mention of a dirty chain (rained on me bad) and one of the guys ran over with WD40. NOOOOOooOOOooOO~ :D

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I don't have that in stores down here.

Better?
Wal-Mart carries it as well. And, as you might guess, there's a few of those stores here. We use it a lot for securing instrumentation cables, camera mounts, power cables, etc on the vehicle testing we do. Duct Tape seemed to have a "sweet spot" for the temperatures it actually wanted to hold in. I've found Gorilla tape holds much better, especially to plastic, at lower temperatures. But sometimes they price you pay for that is it's harder to remove without leaving a sticky residue. A little Goof Off and you're good to go, though.

·
Most Unusual
149 Posts
Just sent a PM to someone I know in a Runners Forum --- While officiating the Marathon here (I ride behind lead female full marathon to make sure no infractions, plus keep timing marks) - I went by a half-marathoner (or relay person) and she was wearing a loose tank top - but on each arm - up by her underarm - was several wraps of duct tape around each arm - and while it wasn't tight - it was not loose either. Never saw that before - I needs to know.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Just sent a PM to someone I know in a Runners Forum --- While officiating the Marathon here (I ride behind lead female full marathon to make sure no infractions, plus keep timing marks) - I went by a half-marathoner (or relay person) and she was wearing a loose tank top - but on each arm - up by her underarm - was several wraps of duct tape around each arm - and while it wasn't tight - it was not loose either. Never saw that before - I needs to know.
To help deal with bounce?

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I know it's different than what you saw, but your post reminded me that I've seen this stuff in use a lot lately on rides/races. Is it purely for existing injuries, or does it offer some preventative benefits as well?

KT TAPE

1 - 17 of 17 Posts