Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I travel the country for Fedex Custom Critical doing expedited freight transportation. We are the ambulances of the freight industry offering 90 minute pickup and straight through delivery. I have 3 big trucks and a van. I drive the van so I can go to pretty much any restaurant/museum/etc. when I'm between jobs.

I used to bicycle a very long time ago and my best ride was 55 miles. I need to get active somehow and am thinking about bicycling again. Due to space limitations in my van I'm thinking a folding bike is my only viable option. My spare tire is mounted on one of the back doors so I can't put a traditional bike rack on the back plus having to use those doors for cargo in and out all the time. I thought about a front mount carrier but then I'd have a bug covered bike.

I'm open to suggestions on bike choice, carrying methods, etc. and look forward to input from those with more experience.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

If you're looking for a folder, you've got plenty of options from basic to damn sexy. I got my son (a car-free college student) a folding bike from Downtube when his MTB got stolen. Under $300 for a reliable and comfortable package. If you've got more to spend, Dahon makes a whole range of folding bikes, including at least one that would make most die-hard roadies proud.

·
Registered
657 Posts
LDB....wish I had some advice to give you on this topic, but I am unfamilar with folding bikes. However, I am looking into one for myself so I will be paying close attention to your thread here.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hack, how long has he had it? Any idea how many miles he is put on it?

Looks nice...that is pretty much exactly what I am looking for.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From a visual standpoint I don't think that orange/black Nova could be beaten, only equaled perhaps. There are a few on ebay but all are the blue/gray color which falls far short of the orange for a deep rich looking color. I wish they had the orange on ebay or perhaps the dark red FS model. Then again, I'm not quite ready so when I am who knows.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
If you want a different color, Yan will probably take care of you.

My son's bike got stolen over Christmas vacation, and he got his replacement folder in February or March. I don't know how many miles he's put on it, but it's his only transportation, and he takes it everywhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts