Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought clip in shoes and my left foot hurts then goes numb. anyone else experience this? Is there a solution for it? I tried loosing the Velcro and tightening it.. no help.

·
717 Posts
"Loosing and tightening" ?, maybe just keep it loose. Sometimes I get "hotfoot" on longer rides, when I do I just stop and take my shoe off for a while, when I start up again I make sure it's less tight than before.

·
215 Posts
Usually the problem is tight shoes, even though you loosened the straps the shoes width may be too narrow.

Make sure the ball of your foot is directly over the axle of the pedals.

If you have a high arch or you overpronate you may need a shoe insert, or what's called a insole that's designed for that, or a custom footbed to elevate the situation. If you need a footbed make sure you get an alarm clock...

Always do the cheapest thing first, never jump to the most expensive fix first before trying the cheap fixes.

·
Registered
148 Posts
One thing I always do when I tighten the front and middle strap is to curl my toes so that I don't over tighten them. Your foot should not slide around or pull up at the heel but you should be able to wiggle your toes slightly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had the clip on pedals for a year. I fell twice in them. I think I'm going to switch back to the regular pedals for a while.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Is the shoe sole stiff enough? Any flex at all?

I had some numbness on longer rides when i first got clipless pedals/shoes. I moved my cleats back a little and it was fine after that. Play around with it and see if that helps.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Cleat positioning can be tricky. It can effect your knees and hips. So be careful when moving them. A good bike shop can help get them right. I know there are some fit systems that are employed by "fitting professionals". But an experienced shop employee can do a very good job without one.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
A hot foot can result from the being too far forward. Get a fitting, it would interesting if they didn't move it back.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
A hot foot can result from the being too far forward. Get a fitting, it would interesting if they didn't move it back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts