Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this bike for 15 bucks in a garage sale and honestly have no idea what it is. It has serial numbers on it, but I can't identify it online at all. The serial number reads "77255111"

I am attaching some pictures, and if anyone could help me out, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
It's a generic crappy bike. But it appears to be in good condition. Hi-ten frame, rusty cottered crankset, and some odd looking lugs?

Yeah, I would have bought it too. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to keep it and ride it. I like the way it looks, but I want to get a chain guard for it, a new seat, and repaint it. I will probably get new tires and a new chain as well. I was pretty sure it wasn't a nice old bike, but I wanted to double check before I made improvements. Thank you both for the replies!

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
I have a somewhat similar Huffy in my back yard that someone dropped off for repairs. I think they abandoned it. All it needs is some new rims, and to have the frame welded in two spots...

If I come across some dirt cheap wheels, I'll probably end up stripping the frame, welding it, then repainting it. All the while knowing that the bike will still never be worth more than $50.

·
Rat Biker
432 Posts
Looks like the makings of a cool grocery getter hell I would have taken it for that price to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts