Found me a bike!!

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Don, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Don

Don NC Road Biker

Hey guys well i got me a bike finnaly,dont have to borrow my friends!Its a older model trek road bike,i think if im not wrong its somewhere between 1979 and 1984 maybe,not sure.Found a guy who lives off of the blueridge parkway that fixes up used bikes and sells them at a resonable price.He's working on mine now,should have it a a couple weeks.Im stoked!!:D:thumbsup:

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Congrats! Pics and ride report when you have the bike and the time, ok?

3. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Keep us updated onthe new bike. :thumbsup:

4. Mike1jw

Mike1jw Member

Congrats! I know the feeling! Ohhh, do I know the feeling! Just keep pedaling!:thumbsup:

5. berniegreen

berniegreen Guest

I would check for the serial # :)

6. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

It's like having a baby except your wife doesn't get mad cuz you were hanging out in some bar.

7. Don

Don NC Road Biker

Hey i was wondering my bike is done and he told me it only weighes 22 pounds..is that good?I know a guy who has a high doller bike and his only weighs 15 pounds,thanks

8. jeepster93

jeepster93 New Member

22 pounds is not bad...

You need to remember that weight on a bike, or lack there of is a lot like seconds in formula 1 auto racing.
    In formula 1 it cost 100,000 dollars to go 1/10th of a second faster.
    In road bikes...every ounce the bike looses has an associated cost. At about that 22 pound weight point: weight loss is going to have a fairly steep cost.

Example:
    A drop handle bar can be had for $25, a nice one too.
    A carbon fiber bar that weighs perhaps 1-2 ounces less can run $400.

Another:
    Sora groupos weigh 2 1/2 pounds more than Dura Ace groupos do and is 1 tenth the price.

9. Don

Don NC Road Biker

Yep i never have understood why less cost more?lol

10. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

Don't worry about the weight of the bike, just get it on the road and pedal it... this is only the begining. Unfortunately it's coming into to winter time here and that means icy roads, then you will find out what newton was talking about when he put forward the theory of gravity.