Four man bike thingy.

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by funetical, Jul 19, 2010.

1. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

So I'm on vacation, and I'm thinking time to make some memories. all over the beach people are renting out these four man bike things and I think to myself ooh, I ride a bike, that should fun.

Worst thing ever. Direct drive for one, is a bad idea, especially when my brother was to drunk to understand the concept of team work, my fault I guess. Also having my wife, (hates riding bikes), my sister (the strongest one among us, sadly, addicted to working out), my daughter (riding up front, no pedaling, she's 2), and me driving.

First of you can not pedal then stop pedaling and ride ( drunk logic, no matter how many times I explained it, my brother didn't get it.), the work is constant and if the others are not cyclist, you have to go harder. After 15 minutes of doing this in 80% humidity and 104 degrees I gave up and took it back. I spent $30 to find out these things suck. You see how these people are happy (that's not me or my family), they haven't started yet. All said and done, don't waste your cash unless you and your family are die hard cyclists who want to sweat to see things you could have easily walked by, and argue with a man of middle eastern decent, that you are not requesting a refund, you just trying to give him back his bike. The long of it is much sadder than the short of it, and I won't post the details on a family friendly forum, just lots of f words and a general sense of anger from my drunk brother, and the man attempting to make a living. I'm glad to be back, worst vacation ever.

Attached Files:

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

3. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Thanks for the heads up....I've seen these things around and always thought they looked like fun. Now I know better!!!!

4. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Care to elaborate? Where you all a bunch of cyclists, with little to no damage on the bike in question? Was your brother to drunk?

5. Industry_Hack

No, it's fun for us to read about your epic failure.

6. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

It was epic. My life seems to be an epic failure. It's all good though. I get to keep doing this, then die. Seems worth it.

7. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

I admire your attitude....if that was me, something bad would have happened and I would be locked up by now.

8. Industry_Hack

I suspect your life isn't really that bad.

9. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

It's as it should be. I complain, but I shouldn't. I'm well fed, have a little spending money, I'm in adequate health, and I love my family. I'm happy, and I earned my happiness. That's my American dream.

10. Industry_Hack

I accidentally dropped a wtf? on someone at work today, and also sent a confidential message about someone to them, and the host for my new site seems to have abandoned me.

I've had better days.

11. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

But you've had worse right?

I haven't that's pretty terrible. The good thing about my line of work is no confidentiality behind it. You mess up, you and everyone around you is going to know about it. It's not always the greatest way to handle things, but when your right there and can't leave the line, people got to know.

12. digitalmouse

digitalmouse Recumbent Evangelist

I'm wondering if you just were unlucky with a 'lemon' of that model. I've ridden one in Germany on the northern coast in the summer time. While it was quite heavy and the direct drive was very annoying, I and a friend were able to move around quite well with his girlfriend and sister in the back doing very little other than spinning with the pedals. It was in very good condition for such an old model of quad tourist bike.

Otherwise, yes, I would not recommend them unless you ride on flat terrain. I'll stick with my recumbent trikes!

13. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Maybe it was. It seems like everyone's experience, well both of yours, makes me the odd man out. Maybe my brother was justified in calling the guy names. Horrible mean names.

14. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

Maybe you should have rented one of these instead....
    [​IMG]

15. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Is it free to drink if you peddle? Otherwise that's a waste of my time. Plus a bar outside? I need darkness to cover my shame.

16. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Good stuff right here.

17. flanderscycling

flanderscycling New Member

:D:D:D
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

18. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I'm glad to see I'm not alone in that thought.

19. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

If only you knew...