Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sprocket Girl is riding her bike to work as a part of Bike to Work week. Send in your video, but don't ever put yourself at risk.

Thing is how do you participate in bike to work week when you work from home???

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trouble is after I ride, I don't want to work. Was going to ride today but the wife was in the retinal surgeons office this morning. What is odd that its her instead of me. Today was better than most for her. Because of my experiences, got her there quick and it was just a small retinal tear. Though somewhat painful (its the only eye procedure we know of that she has had before me) it was 5 mins with a laser in the office, and more or less two weeks to heal. Compared to a detachment which is an hour in the operating room and two months to heal, that's a good day.

Maybe we should get a family rate at the retinal surgeon. One of us is in there almost as often as SG is on a bike. lol

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hack we were very fortunate to have very good insurance. Yes it cost, but it was nothing that was life changing in the amount. Yet it does do one thing. It gives you a special appreciation for the gift of sight. As I walk through the day, I try to really look and see.

Yet years ago I remember hearing a song in passing, but for some reason it stuck with a 10 year old kid. It's almost as if I can hear it now at times. It went, "Oh I really don't mind, being a blind man for God is the next thing I'll see." Now I find great comfort in that thought. On that note I better go put in my eye drops to keep the pressure in my eyes down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts