Fox Shock PSI

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking' started by Bradford, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Bradford

Bradford Guest

Is there a site you can go to to find out what psi I should be running in my RP23 fox shock. I have other bikes with older fox shocks so would like to know if the same pressure should be run in them as well.

2. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

3. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Here is the adjustment information for the RP23. No info on PSI but it will help you get it set.

FLOAT RP23

4. tajcrews

tajcrews New Member

If i remember right a general rule of thumb for setting up Fox Shocks is 2/3 of rider weight (including gear). This should get you in the ballpark.

5. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

It depends more on the bike and the suspension design; for example, the Santa Cruz Nomad specs the rider's body weight in psi for the Fox shock.

Is the RP23 stock for your bike? Look up your bike on the mfr. website, maybe there will be some info there for you.

6. jeffj

jeffj F.S.O.A.

Just set it so the sag is about 25% to 30% of full travel as you sit on the bike (in all your gear) in your normal riding position.

Too many other variables (rider position, saddle position, handlebar position) to be able to say it should be a specific pressure for a specific weight on a specific bike.

7. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

If you still can't find what you need, I'll send you the email address of some Fox people.