frame-mounted bicycle rack

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by iridesometimes, Aug 26, 2009.

1. iridesometimes

iridesometimes Guest

Hopefully someone can help me out in this ...

I am looking for a bicycle rack (you know, goes on frame behind the seat and over the rear tire.. basic stuff). Anyway, I am looking for this rack for an older (1960s?) Schwinn cruiser which does not have the little eyelets to screw the rack onto. I would, therefore, need something that bolts onto the rear axle or something similar. If anyone has any insight as to how to get my hands on this (besides welding, equipment for which I do not have) I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!!

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

3. iridesometimes

iridesometimes Guest

Thanks -- I have tried one of these seat-post mounts but it wouldn't support the weight I am looking for. I don't need a super-heavy duty or anything like that, but I do need something that has a lower support besides just the mount on the seat post. Any ideas?

4. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Not sure about that. I'm surprised that I haven't seen any that also tie into your axle somehow. My boss's says it will support up to 20 pounds, and I know he loads it up probably pretty close to this with his laptop, clothes, etc.

5. trx1

trx1 New Member

try amazon. That's where I found mine for my 72 varsity

6. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Three years later, he may not be looking any more...

7. waterinfish

waterinfish New Member

yeah,Not sure about that. I'm surprised that I haven't seen any that also tie into your axle somehow.[​IMG]

8. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

I had one on my beach cruiser that mounted at the seat post clamp and rear axle nuts.