Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For sale is a 61 cm. Franklin road bike with Shimano Dura-Ace running gear. I had this bike made for me several years ago. It has been well taken care of and always kept inside. It comes with everything you see in the pictures plus a trainer. I’m getting up in age and just don’t ride it any more. So it’s time someone else enjoyed it. It would cost well over $2,500 to build this bike today.

I realize that I just signed up for this forum and want to sell something. I just thought it would be a better crowd then Craig’s list. If you’re interested please IM me and I will respond with my phone number and address if you want to see the bike.

Includes:
Front bag
Under seat bag
2 bottle holders
Handle bar mirror
Tire pump under cross bar
Trainer

I have no problem meeting at my house for the inspection and sale. The bike is in excellent condition with no issues.

Jim

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,223 Posts
What a beautiful ride! I love the paint job. Thanks for posting the pics. I'd guess from the head tube that you're a fairly tall guy?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you and yes, I am 6’- 2”. I hate to sell the bike but I will be 65 this year and I just don’t have the time to ride any more. I enjoyed riding around Ohio especially the “Tour of Scioto River Valley” or TOSRV as most call it many times. it is just time for someone else to enjoy it as I did.

I know Jack from Franklin Frames personally and enjoyed watching the build process. Having the bike built to fit me made it that much more enjoyable to ride.

Jim

·
Two skinny J's
21,369 Posts
Thank you and yes, I am 6’- 2”. I hate to sell the bike but I will be 65 this year and I just don’t have the time to ride any more. I enjoyed riding around Ohio especially the “Tour of Scioto River Valley” or TOSRV as most call it many times. it is just time for someone else to enjoy it as I did.

I know Jack from Franklin Frames personally and enjoyed watching the build process. Having the bike built to fit me made it that much more enjoyable to ride.

Jim
Not enough time??? Something is direly wrong in your schedule :D

Reactions: MilesR

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not enough time??? Something is direly wrong in your schedule :D
I know, it’s hard to believe I said that. Worse yet, I have been retired for two years now. I can remember my dad saying the same thing after he retired and laughing when he said it. I understand it now, with all my other hobbies and work around the house I’m busier then ever. I may have to go back to work to get a break.

Guys, let me know if you think I’m to far off base with my price. I know what I paid for the bike but really have no idea what it should sell for now.

Jim

·
tall old member
1,316 Posts
Nice bike, it looks like it would fit me but I’m more into touring. I have my eye on a Lynsky titanium gravel touring bike. For most people I think gravel bikes are a fad but I live on a gravel road and my favorite bike tours I have done have been on dirt and gravel trails. I have done New York State Erie Canal Bike Tour and Pittsburgh to DC on my Trek 520 with 32 cm slicks. It worked out fine but I’m ready to go with a little bigger tire and maybe some tread.

·
Old, fat, and slow
803 Posts
I have my eye on a Lynsky titanium gravel touring bike.
I have been aiming and not pulling the trigger for a couple years on one of those .... Ti bike has long been a lust object, and one with disc brakes, rack capacity and room for whatever kind of rubber is just a perfect dream .... except it would hang with all the rest.

You should buy one and make me jealous so I will start riding more and earn my own.

·
tall old member
1,316 Posts
I have been aiming and not pulling the trigger for a couple years on one of those .... Ti bike has long been a lust object, and one with disc brakes, rack capacity and room for whatever kind of rubber is just a perfect dream .... except it would hang with all the rest.

You should buy one and make me jealous so I will start riding more and earn my own.
Whelp I did it. I messaged Lynsky and asked them how long it would take to get a gravel bike in an extra large. They said it normally takes eight weeks to build one but they have one X Large that they just finished building and haven’t sold it yet. It’s set up with tubeless Stan’s wheels. They will ship it out to me. I ordered a titanium rear rack for it too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts