Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the post I am at now, there's a ton of frogs and turtles since we are on a swamp. Now, where I am from, we do not have frogs so I know very little about them. That being said, I've learned a frog does not sound like "ribbit, ribbit" like I have been taught. It sounds, well, like a fart.

Segue. . .

I'm walking outside at lunch and a woman is walking towards me, just the two of us outside. As I am about to pass her, wouldn't you know, a frog lets out its sound. She looks at me in absolute digust. I didn't bother trying to explain it was a frog making noise and not me making a trumpet of my arse but. . .

Had I been thinking quickly at the time, I would have said to her (in disgust) "I cannot believe you just did that in front of me!"

Oh well, maybe next time.

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
are you sure this isn't the joke thread? :D I belong to a golf club just south of buffalo and our ponds are loaded with frogs, but we always call em the springville choir. I'll have to mention to the other members what you think they are!!

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
My daughter possesses tremendous powers of volume in this arena. Pride, that's the word that comes to mind.....

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
The back corner of my backyard contains the retention pond for drainage run off in my portion of my neighborhood. Some would consider it a negative, but it's nicely landscaped with willow trees and river birch so not an eyesore by any stretch. It holds water pretty much year round and has Lilly pads and cat tails growing in it. Anyway, it is a magnet for frogs. You would not believe all of the different sounds they make.

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
The back corner of my backyard contains the retention pond for drainage run off in my portion of my neighborhood.
Are you saying that there are parts of the world that when they build a neighborhood they don't have retention ponds????? :D

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Are you saying that there are parts of the world that when they build a neighborhood they don't have retention ponds????? :D
The one this I DO hate about having my own personal swamp in the back yard is that the county has an easement back to it so I can't build anything on that side of the yard. Wanted to put a garage at the end of my driveway.... nope ain't happening.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts