From the streets of San Fran...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by keesue, Dec 17, 2009.

1. keesue

keesue New Member

Hi, cyclists! I checked out this site and liked it so much I joined. I bailed out of BF. The new upgrade is horrible. Plus, it is much more civil here with better input and commentary.

Oh, and....I try to ride all of my bikes as much as I can. Even, the old Puch which is my beer bike. :D I paid all of $15.00 for it from a neighbor and serviced it up to fetch beer. heh...

2. synack

synack The Back Row

Welcome! Don't get a bui :p

3. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Great to have you over here, keesue! Look forward to your input.

4. keesue

keesue New Member

Thanks for the welcome! So, what's a bui?

5. synack

synack The Back Row

biking under the influence :p

6. keesue

keesue New Member

Ohhhhhhhh....biking under the influence...duh! :eek:

Well, it's really more of a joke: Austrian bike=beer bike. (although, with its rack on the back it has seen it's share of beer runs to the store). :cool:

In reality, it is my errand bike that can be locked up with not too much worry of getting messed with. It is an old lugged steel frame with a collection of parts that I had on hand so it is a true frankenbike. It is even a hideous green color - Puch green. :eek:

Since it is a lugged steel frame, I was going to strip it, power coat it and convert it to single speed; but, then it wouldn't have been the franken, puch-green, beer-and-errand, lock-it-and-forget-it bike. Soooo, I bought the Torelli. :rolleyes: :thumbsup: :D

7. chh55

chh55 Drink plenty of water!!!

Welcome.... looking forward to seeing some pics of your bikes when you get a chance to post them. If you can manage a Tipo Uno on the hilly streets of SF you must be in pretty good shape so feel free to post a pic of yourself also. :D:thumbsup:

8. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Me too. Post them in the cycle registry and they'll show up in a drop down beneath your screen name for each of your postings.

http://www.twospoke.com/forum/f133/

9. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Welcome! Glad you joined.

10. keesue

keesue New Member

I'll take some posin' type bike pics and post 'em on up.

11. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Group rookie

Welcome aboard. There are quite a few BF refugees here, myself included. Much better environment.

12. keesue

keesue New Member

13. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Welcome to the forum....