Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come talk bikes, life and love. It's my first-ever blog so let me hear your comments, wisdom, musings, ramblings or simply read.

http://therustedhub.posterous.com/

I prefer my Specialized Enduro when things get rough
I'm currently riding a Specialized TriCross
Waiting in the wings are a Jamis Exile (29er)

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Welcome to the forums! In addition to mopping the floors and keeping the fridge stocked on this site, I have a little site of my own as well. But I'm hoping you're here to participate, and not just drive traffic to your blog. Based on my quick readings, you'll fit in fine with the rest of our cycling addicts.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies folks!

LarryM: I am currently operating out of Cheyenne. I've camped up around where the lodge is. Wyoming is nice but I'm ready for some new scenery!

And in other news, my Enduro is fixed and waiting for some dirt....

·
Registered
330 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Where in SE WY are you? My folks used to own Medicine Bow Lodge on WY 130 about a mile and a half down hill from Ryan Park.
No sh*t?
I lived in Centennial for several years.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thanks for the replies folks!

LarryM: I am currently operating out of Cheyenne. I've camped up around where the lodge is. Wyoming is nice but I'm ready for some new scenery!

And in other news, my Enduro is fixed and waiting for some dirt....
I used to work at Fassett-Nickel Ford. I lived on Morrie Ave. and rode my MTBs everywhere. I never did find a favourite bike shop in Cheyenne though; I always went back to Laramie to visit Pedal House.

Enjoy some new scenery, but if you're like me, you'll miss Wyoming and want to return as soon as possible.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
For the record, that lil gas station in Centennial has some of the worst coffee imaginable.

Not sure when you left but Rock on Wheels is my new favorite shop in Cheyenne. I've always despised the Bicycle Station (but I love Specialized...) and that's all I'll say about that. I heard through the grapevine that Carl recently sold the Pedal House, to whom I'm not sure.

Since you own a shop perhaps you can help with a question....How do you determine the rise on a set of MTB bars?

·
Registered
330 Posts
For the record, that lil gas station in Centennial has some of the worst coffee imaginable.

Not sure when you left but Rock on Wheels is my new favorite shop in Cheyenne. I've always despised the Bicycle Station (but I love Specialized...) and that's all I'll say about that. I heard through the grapevine that Carl recently sold the Pedal House, to whom I'm not sure.

Since you own a shop perhaps you can help with a question....How do you determine the rise on a set of MTB bars?

The Friendly Store? Yes, the coffee was awful. I spent most of my time at Murf's (sold years ago. Last I saw it was an Italian restaurant) or the Trading Post. My house was that cabin across 130 from the train caboose/museum.

I left when you were likely still in high school - around 1998.

Pedal House is now owned by Dewey.

MTB handlebar rise - Option #1: Read the header card. :p Option #2: measure from the center of the grip area of the bar to the center of the clamping area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts