Fuji Absolute 1.0

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by wild, Oct 11, 2009.

1. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Looking at maybe getting a 2010 Absolute 1.0, any one riding one, or know any thing as far as quality of components any thing .
    Any comments welcome

2. jagonz456

jagonz456 New Member

I am also looking to buy a flat bar road bike and my price range is around 1,000.
    These are the bikes that made my short list
    first was the trek 7.5 too much money and the component where low end compare to the other bikes. I want shimano 105 gears my last bike had 105 and i like them. on the trek i would have to upgrade to the FX 7.7 that retails for 1,800 to get 105 gears. So trek is off the list.
    I was looking at the "felt speed 30" and the "Giant rapid 1" both of these bikes are very similar and they both have 105 rear derailleur but only in 9 speed. The Fuji is giving you a bunch of Shimano 105 components and its a 10 speed so its easier to up grade if i choose. It also gives you disc brakes and a carbon fork the giant no carbon fork. So on paper i think the fuji is the best bet i say on paper because no bike shop in NYC has the fuji 2010 so i am going to have to wait to test drive it. I don't think you can go wrong with this bike, but you should test ride everything.

3. wild

My bike shop told me thay will have a cupple in around Dec . I road a Absolute 2.0 09 and I realy liked it but I did want the 1.0 . I realy got a good price on the 09 2.0 O.T.D. but I wan't the 2010 1.0.

4. jagonz456

jagonz456 New Member

I also got a great deal on a 2009 absolute 1.0. It basically the same bike as the 2010 the only major difference is the disc brakes. I have never owned a bike with disc brakes. I have ridden in the rain and i wish i had the stoping power of disk brakes. I know it adds weight to the bike but 3lb is no big deal. So i think i am also going to wait and see the new 2010 if it feels clunky or heavy then i will go for the 2009 at a cheaper price.

5. wild

If he had a 2009 1.0 in a Med I probably would have went fo the deal.