Fyxation - some rubber for your fixie

Discussion in 'Fixed & Singlespeed' started by Industry_Hack, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

In the cycling industry, small company owners always seem to have a really good vibe about them. You know they’re not in it to get rich, they’re in it to offer cool stuff, and share in the fun of cycling.

Nick, at fyxation, is one of those guys. His website currently has a single offering - 700×28 foldable tires, in a wide variety of colors. With Kevlar protection and 120TPI construction, they not only look good, but roll fast. They also offer pinch flat protection and an attractive diamond tread pattern that runs from bead to bead.

Not only are they quality rubber, but when you buy from fyxation, you’re buying from a cyclist, not some giant corporation that has to answer to their shareholders.

[​IMG]

So check them out. I’m hoping to put a set on a winter single speed / fixie project myself.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2009
  2. rustang64

rustang64 New Member

If they get dark green or blue up on their site I might have to get a pair...

3. Industry_Hack

Maybe some brown ones for my yellow fixed gear? :eek:

4. letsgetsandy

letsgetsandy New Member

my friend got these and when he was first skidding on them they sounded like a zipper being unzipped . I thought it was cool and it eventually went away though.

5. Industry_Hack

Kinda pricey for skidding.

6. letsgetsandy

letsgetsandy New Member

no more pricey than my super everwear. as long as they last and keep there puncture protection as the get thinner who cares. I know people down in san diego that ride gatorskins in the front and back and skid on those and they only last a week or two even with 17 skid patches. thats pricey!

7. Industry_Hack

I prefer brakes to skidding.

8. letsgetsandy

letsgetsandy New Member

sucks being old doesnt it. <----I kid man! sure doesnt seem to be alot of people on here?