Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am relatively new to biking and have a question about nutrition. While doing longer rides I have been consuming energy bars (Specifically Cliff bars). They keep me from bonking and do their job, but after the ride my gaseous emissions are extremely bad. Is there any products that don't cause you to fart for the next 2 days after a ride???

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I just blame it on the dogs. :)

Curious what others have to say. I've pretty much cut out energy bars (except fig newtons on longer rides) but drink CytoMax and Endurox R4 and have the same problem.

In all fairness though, pretty much everything gives me gas. I think I'm part bull dog.

·
717 Posts
good info, now I have something other than beer to blame it on!

·
Back in the Saddle
106 Posts
I'm not seeing the problem....

Mix up with some other energy bars, gels, etc. too much of "something" in the Cliff Bars that your body is dealing with.

·
Two skinny J's
21,434 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I eat a clif bar before, munch on twizzler bites during and post ride I make up a banana, peanutbutter and raw egg smoothie. Dont seem to have the gas problem unless I'm sedentary for a few days. Glad I'm active:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies. I bought some different kind of bars and such. I will see if any work any better.

·
Registered
461 Posts
so u fart...big deal! everyone does it. just tell em "better out then in" and keep going!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts