Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SpeedWobble
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick introduction of myself. I have been riding bikes as long as I can remember, socially, then competitively and now I'm in my 60s and back to socially. I love riding and the only things I love as much are retirement, my wife and my dog.

I'm a Cinelli man... still pedaling those steel things around. I'll stick in a couple of photographs when I get around to it. I can't wait to get involved in the forums and in fact I have a question straight off the bat.

I'm just rebuilding a 1994 Cinelli Genius Strada. At the time they were Cinelli's flagship with full Campag record running gear - Here is my question; with all this new Record stuff I'm confused whether to buy a short cage rear derailleur with my conventional 20 speed set up or do I need to go for the medium cage because my old legs need a 28 rear sprocket every now and again.

I just can't wait to get involved with twoSpoke and you guys. I know I'm in trouble already for not seeking out the correct forum for my question - maybe I'll get it right next time.

Keep them spokes tight...
Cheers.
s.

·
Who put that curb there?
168 Posts
Hello and welcome. I look forward to reading assorted stories of your biking past. You'll enjoy it on here as the people at twospoke are pretty laid back and fun. Cheers!

P.S. Your avatar rocks!

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,613 Posts
welcome...
being a Campy girl i will happily answer the question the best i can.... the short derailleur works for up to a 26. the medium works up to a 29, thus the medium is needed for a 28.
i promise these are accurate i found them in the manual that came with my Campy Super Record short cage rear derailleur.

·
SpeedWobble
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
G'day it sounds like Cobber country out there...
A couple of you asked for some good ole cycling yarns. When I was age 20 I was faster than a speeding bullet, but things change: last week at a club hill climb event I was passed by a road grader with its blade down. Big ugly yellow things they are!

ps. Cheers for your cage size advice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts